Heil Cllr Gardner of Harrogate..wearing Nazi fancy dress

None of that explains why you are happy to apply one set of priciples to Tory councillors and a completely different set to homosexuals.
Am I?

Where have I said that I would object to a homosexual dressing as he is she wants at a party?

My bold

Quote:

Conservative Party headquarters said he had been suspended pending an investigation into his conduct.

That's the first time I've heard the Conservatives described as "loony left" :hihi:

I don't think you did, possibly because we both know that was not my reference.

Their reasons for acting (shameful though they are) are as a damage limitation exercise from the foaming-mouthed lefties who will be gathering.

The whole thing is farcical.

Where have I said that I would object to a homosexual dressing as he is she wants at a party?

You haven't. In this thread you have consistently argued that Mike Gardner has the right to act as he chooses.

Meanwhile in another thread, not so very far away, you said this of homosexuals.

They do indeed. By overtly camp behaviours, rights campaigning, running events aimed at mostly homosexual attendance, and drama-queening in general, they attract attention and reinforce any division or stigma. If they were to settle down and get on with life in a normal (or at least discrete) fashion they'd probably have nothing left to complain about.

My interpretation the two posts leads me to the inescapable conclusion that you are fine with people behaving as they wish. Just as long as they do things that you like.

Or, am I being unfair?

I don't think you did, possibly because we both know that was not my reference.

Their reasons for acting (shameful though they are) are as a damage limitation exercise from the foaming-mouthed lefties who will be gathering.

The whole thing is farcical.

And the Tories want to appease the foaming-mouthed lefties because ...... ????

You haven't. In this thread you have consistently argued that Mike Gardner has the right to act as he chooses.

Meanwhile in another thread, not so very far away, you said this of homosexuals.

My interpretation the two posts leads me to the inescapable conclusion that you are fine with people behaving as they wish. Just as long as they do things that you like.

Or, am I being unfair?

Indeed you are - deliberately obtuse.

The difference, as you well know, is that you are comparing an observation of some people's antics in public construed in a way to deliberately attract attention to their sexuality with a chap's chosen attire at a private party.

Quite irrelevant.

pity we can't bring back viv stanshall and keith moon, one of their favourite tricks was to get dressed as hitler and martin boorman then go down to golders green .front up to a bakery and say... ve have come to inspect your ovens.
That's people with character livning life to the full - it's a shame the politically correct nausea we have to tolerate these days would deride anybody who tried to repeat it.

That's people with character livning life to the full - it's a shame the politically correct nausea we have to tolerate these days would deride anybody who tried to repeat it.

You would support someone confronting jewish people with jokes about the murder of six million people?

But gay parades upset you.

Mmmmmm.

You would support someone confronting jewish people with jokes about the murder of six million people?

But gay parades upset you.

Mmmmmm.

Does anything bother you?

Are there any things in life that you find distasteful or unpleasant?

Archived