Swearing - Your Opinion

As much as I dislike that word, I find it no more offensive than most other swear words. I think they are all equal in my opinion and if Ma Orange heard me swearing, regardless of the word, she would slap me :D

My mum would to. But that word I find that word really grating.

not a swearer by nature, I will at times let one go if I've hit my head on something, or the TV got more stupid than normal ( if that's possible ) or the car won't start. I think its a fair alternative to putting the nearest available brick through the TV screen.

It doesn't bother me, except in my house, around my kids. If I take them out to a place where swearing will happen (pub, football match, etc), then I accept that they'll hear it, and it's not my place to ask people to moderate their language.

As for how I speak, sometimes I'll be saintly, and at others I'll be like a navvy.

Since there is no such thing as a well-judged swear word, that's a nonsensical statement. Using an obscenity means by definition that you are not using judgment.
Am I to assume then that you never get angry. If so I envy you to some extent, but I like people who are a little more volatile and a little less perfect:)

Since there is no such thing as a well-judged swear word, that's a nonsensical statement. Using an obscenity means by definition that you are not using judgment.

Nonsense; there are times when only a swear word will do and moreover, times when the choice of swear word is absolutely crucial.

Archived