Foreign Aid to cost each of us £2500 over 4 years

Mainly the arms industry here in the UK, as I said earlier it has been commented by many that our foreign aid budget can be related to a subsidy for our arms manufactures, and it saves the jobs of the people working in this industry.

Also I suspect that the government aims to used this fund to try to "buy influence" around the world, instead of using the outdated notion of gunboat diplomacy.

So now you've admitted the Foreign Aid thing is a charade to cover up trade bribes and should really be entitled 'Foreign Bribes' in other words 'Loss leaders'

At last someone else who openly agrees with me.

So you think that justifys arming these people (3 WISE MONKEYS hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil):loopy:

Who said I thought it justified anything.

Wellm if you don't agree why are you arguing against my stance?

Because I think your stance is short sighted and ignorant.

As a musician plenty down the years, going way back to concerts for Aberfan.

What about you?

As a graduate, I chose a career path in which I help other people. I knew I wouldn't earn the sort of money that I could have if I chose other graduate career paths, I also knew that I'd have to lots of unpaid overtime.

So now you've admitted the Foreign Aid thing is a charade to cover up trade bribes and should really be entitled 'Foreign Bribes' in other words 'Loss leaders'

At last someone else who openly agrees with me.

What do you mean I finally admit it???????? I've been saying the same thing for the last five to ten years!

The difference is that I think the money actually does do some positive things for our country, where's all your interested in doing is proving some silly ignorant xenophobic point.

But I am haven't you been reading my replies or are you just wanting to waffle?

Your Damascene conversion to caring about the poor and vulnerable just seems peculiar considering your typical stance up to now. Or could it just be that the 'needy' only take on a collective halo in comparison with those dirty furriners?

Oh, and three words = 'waffle'. Apologies, I'll try and be concise next time.

What do you mean I finally admit it???????? I've been saying the same thing for the last five to ten years!

The difference is that I think the money actually does do some positive things for our country, where's all your interested in doing is proving some silly ignorant xenophobic point.

So you think arming people is perfectly justifiable when they can't even feed themselves.

All you want to do is arm and help the despot corrupt governments maintain their grip on power.

Some humanitarian I don't think.

Your Damascene conversion to caring about the poor and vulnerable just seems peculiar considering your typical stance up to now. Or could it just be that the 'needy' only take on a collective halo in comparison with those dirty furriners?

Oh, and three words = 'waffle'. Apologies, I'll try and be concise next time.

And now say something minus the waffle.

Archived