Foreign Aid to cost each of us £2500 over 4 years

It is a good thing to look out for yer neighbour ... but if you have to chose between yer own family and yer neighbour's family, then yer gonna look after yer own family first.
What, even the one who's an axe murdering paedophile?

It is a good thing to look out for yer neighbour ... but if you have to chose between yer own family and yer neighbour's family, then yer gonna look after yer own family first.

If we have to cutback on police, armed forces, benefits, etc to save the country's future prosperity ... it's not gonna feel good but ok we'll go on along with it.

But how on earth can you justify giving billions of pounds away in foreign aid? :loopy:

Two quotes I've seen recently online speak volumes:

• In my book any country which has a nuclear and/or space programme does not require economic aid.
  • Foreign aid has traditionally meant taxing the poor people in rich countries and giving their money to the rich people in poor countries.

Welcome to the forum nice to see yet more common sense here.

You'll be called facist racist and everything else with your views.

What, even the one who's an axe murdering paedophile?

exactly, its not about looking after your type first, its about decent people being decent and ***** being *****, personally id rather help....know decent people no matter what type of person they were rather than the nasty "same type" as me

exactly, its not about looking after your type first, its about decent people being decent and ***** being *****, personally id rather help....know decent people no matter what type of person they were rather than the nasty "same type" as me

You are so out of touch with reality, it is nothing to do with individual people it is about no more good money being wasted.

Everyone knows that very little foreign aid goes to those who it is meant for.

This is particularly galling to those in the contributing country who are in need.

Look in tonights 'Star', rebuilding and refitting work on six secondary schools has been cancelled.

This is why Foreign Aid Must Cease.

A man with a nice suit and a nice car and a nice house and bailiffs knocking on the door for the £500K he owes the banks and credit card companies is not a "rich" man.

That's us. We have a massive national credit card bill. So to me it seems utterly crazy to borrow even more money to give away to other countries (till recently including the chinese who we are borrowing the money from).

Getting into further debt to give money away is madness, especially when slashing services at home.

Archived