Full Bike test (Is it worth it at 19?)

you are still are not allowed to ride bikes over 125cc until over 21, cant see any advantages, may aswell just wait til over 21, if you do it now you will still have to take another course when your 21.

Incorrect. With a full license at 19, you can ride any bike you want as long as its restricted to 33bhp. And the restriction is lifted after 2 years to let you ride anything you want

To answer the OP, I'd say it depends on whether you want to ride now or not. OK, you'll be restricted for 2 years from passing the test unless you pass a test on a larger capacity machine after your 21st birthday but at least you'll be able to ride something bigger than 125cc producing more than 12bhp (not sure of the figures so correct me if I'm wrong).

You can get a lot of bikes restricted to 33bhp. As it happens, I was at SMC today and someone was there getting a Suzuki GSX-R 600 restricted which surprised me.

Personally, if I was you I'd get the test out of the way then at least its done and assuming you keep riding, you'll build up some experience before you can ride owt you like.

oops i was partly wrong however seen as your 19 this would apply.

"Riders who reach the age of 21, while still within the two year period where they are restricted to maximum 25 kW (33 bhp) machines, but who wish to ride larger bikes need to pass a further test on a motorcycle of at least 35 kW (46.6 bhp)."

id find out what that test costs, all depends on what bike you are planning to ride and if its worth having a restricted larger bike or not.

oops i was partly wrong however seen as your 19 this would apply.

"Riders who reach the age of 21, while still within the two year period where they are restricted to maximum 25 kW (33 bhp) machines, but who wish to ride larger bikes need to pass a further test on a motorcycle of at least 35 kW (46.6 bhp)."

id find out what that test costs, all depends on what bike you are planning to ride and if its worth having a restricted larger bike or not.

It's not compulsory, it's just if you want to cut the 2yr probationary period down.

I did mine at 19, had a ZXR400R, then a GPZ500s. I can now ride whatever I like, no extra tests.

Archived