Cafe told to remove extractor fan to "avoid offending Muslims"

A cafe in Stockport has been told to remove the extract fan because a local has complained that the smell of cooking bacon is offencive to muslims.The funny thing is ,it wasn't a muslim that brought the complaint, but some meddling do-gooder who's motives are unclear.This is just the kind of pc clap trap that causes friction between folk,and puts peoples livlihood at stake. Who gets upset about frying bacon anyhow,it just makes me hungry!

A cafe in Stockport has been told to remove the extract fan because a local has complained that the smell of cooking bacon is offencive to muslims.The funny thing is ,it wasn't a muslim that brought the complaint, but some meddling do-gooder who's motives are unclear.This is just the kind of pc clap trap that causes friction between folk,and puts peoples livlihood at stake. Who gets upset about frying bacon anyhow,it just makes me hungry!

Your having a laugh.

It seems that the smell being offensive to muslims is just something that the complainant put in to try and get his complaint dealt with, rather than being the reason it was upheld. I think perhaps that his Muslim friends actually refuse to visit him because he is the kind of person who makes this type of ridiculous complaint and they'd rather be with somebody sane. The smell of bacon is just a good excuse not to go and see this idiot.

Quote: "It's like living next to someone who's cooking a Sunday breakfast but it's not constant it's just in the morning"

....so that could be five hours a day if they are frying up until 12.30pm...plenty of time to cook up a nasty greasy smell

Archived