Fancy Restaurant Required

Dave

Originally posted by the_rudeboy

Marco's at milanos on Archer Rd or Thyme at Crosspool are both excellent

I'd go for Milano's out of the two.

I found Thyme a little too on top of each other, which is awkward when you want to have an intimate chat.

I know people like to slag Crystal off, but every meal we've had there has been absolutely superb! and we have high standards. I like how it's laid out too, much more of an 'open' feel than the others mentioned.

Originally posted by Unisol

I know people like to slag Crystal off, but every meal we've had there has been absolutely superb! and we have high standards. I like how it's laid out too, much more of an 'open' feel than the others mentioned.

True, the ambience of the restaurant in Crystal is terrific. Great lighting and use of space. Not overly sure about the food though, they seemed to be trying a little too hard to be hip and trendy.

Originally posted by Unisol

I'd go for Milano's out of the two.

I found Milanos to be seriously overpriced and pretentious also a bit like eating in a conservatory showroom.

The little Italian on the corner near there is ok though.

Originally posted by babychickens

Personally I think Thyme is over-rated - it's the only place i've ever sent food back.

Why did you send it back, out of interest?

I quite like Thyme, good food and a pretty warm atmosphere. The Thyme Café is even better, judging by the last visit.

Originally posted by babychickens

Personally I think Thyme is over-rated - it's the only place i've ever sent food back. We've never had bad food at Chez Lahlou (small, french, comparatively cheap - on commonside), and the atmosphere is great.

Chez Lahlou......Used to be nice but has lost it's way a bit,the whole place needs decorating and a refurb,especially the toilets,the whole place seemed dirty when i last went in May,from the windows to the canopy and the broken brass lamps and dirty broken tiled floor.The food was average as well,but you still get loads and loads which isn't always what you want,quality not quantity.

Archived