Fancy Restaurant Required

Dave

I've eaten at the Wig and Pen several times but not for the last 3 months or so. So hope it's not gone downhill recently.

It is better than the average bar food. We haven't had any horrid food there and the service has been great too.

But I would not go for a special night out as it's really a posher pub. But a great place for meeting friends for a meal after work.

Tips - I worked as a waitress in the Summer months when a student and we kept our own tips which amounted to about £100 a shift if we worked hard. Great incentive to work hard. If I go out for a meal I will always pay my tips in cash and not credit card - those tend to get lost in the system and not get given to the actual waiting staff.

I should also add that although they have sports screens on behind the bar the staff aren't allowed to look at them. If you had rubbish bar staff who would lounge on the counter watching sport instead of serving, fair enough, but the staff at Crystal are really good and I like to see the staff in places I go being treated with a bit of respect.

The staff are allowed to watch the tv as much as they like "WITHIN REASON"

Archived