Rooney on £250,000 A WEEK

Man Utd aren't in debt because of their wage structure or how they operate, they're in debt because of the way they were purchased by their current owners. The Glaziers borrowed the money to buy Man Utd and then passed that debt onto Man Utd.

So its has I said they are in dept.

If Rooney was just getting paid for kicking a bit of leather about a muddy field we'd all be on that wage.

It's just as obscene as movie stars, rock and pop stars and other sports stars get.

The irony is that movie stars, rock stars and sports stars get that money from us, if we didn't watch movies, buy cd's or pay subscriptions to Sky to watch football they wouldn't get the vast amounts of money people find so offensive.

I've never seen sixty thousand people pack into a stadium to watch a care worker saving someone's life; still less pay for the privilege.

Just goes to show how many deluded people are out there then doesn't it?

Prepared to pay their hard earned money to watch (and wear the same numbered shirt!:banana:) someone with the intellectual skill of a piece of plankton!

He doesn't even enter the gene pool as he's still in the shallow end of the primordial slime. What an inspiration to children of today, shame on parents who encourage this! :gag::gag:

I've never seen sixty thousand people pack into a stadium to watch a care worker saving someone's life; still less pay for the privilege.

Don't think its 60,000 people just to see pond life Granny sh----- Rooney,its to see Man U,if he went they would still get 60k and yes they're in dept,my company closed down even though we made a good operating profit but the powers that be wanted to make even more by moving to Brazil.

Just goes to show how many deluded people are out there then doesn't it?

Prepared to pay their hard earned money to watch (and wear the same numbered shirt!:banana:) someone with the intellectual skill of a piece of plankton!

The human race has never valued intellectual skill particularly highly. Perhaps that's because you can't really watch someone using it; a three-hour program of a scientist staring at a board full of equations and thinking hard, would not be very interesting to watch. Even to other scientists.

Entertainment value has always been vastly more worthy than intellectual value, or moral value, or tangible contributions to society such as caring for the sick and so on. I don't like the fact any more than you do, but it is nevertheless a fact. Entertainment value is simply worth more than the other things.

The human race has never valued intellectual skill particularly highly. Perhaps that's because you can't really watch someone using it; a three-hour program of a scientist staring at a board full of equations and thinking hard, would not be very interesting to watch. Even to other scientists.

Entertainment value has always been vastly more worthy than intellectual value, or moral value, or tangible contributions to society such as caring for the sick and so on. I don't like the fact any more than you do, but it is nevertheless a fact. Entertainment value is simply worth more than the other things.

Oh well ... I'll just give in and go out and buy my 'I'm a celebrity dragon X come dine with my big brother celebrity dance in my dross filled attic' T-shirt and elevate myself to the sum total of all mankind! :loopy::gag:

Archived