Does SF Attract A Certain Kind of Person?

As it says on the tin. Does the forum attract a certain type of person/personality?

Source of inspiration derived from varying thread topics over recent days/weeks. I personally think, the forum does attract a certain kind and although there are probably many other kinds of people on the forum, I believe a shadow is cast over them by the say, more extreme amongst us.

Before this thread descends into a freefall rant, when I say extreme, I mean someone of who has pretty strong views.

Yes, especially in the 'General Discussions' forum.

I know people who avoid this forum (SF) because of it!

But, it's also why i'm proud of being from Sheffield, you always get a lively debate, even if none of us really know what were prattling on about...

I think the type of person who is attracted to the forum is guided by the time of day you come on the forum. You can see by what threads are picked up most at various times. I being knew to this have come on at various times and can see the difference. It's very interesting really. Good thread Ao :P

yeah strangely the vast majority of em all come from one side of the fence too

You are joking, Now you mention it that makes sense. Bit :loopy: if you ask me.

Someone would either have to be very insecure to want to adopt that approach. Which brings me on to... people who cannot accept they are wrong, even though the evidence is there to suggest otherwise.

You are joking, Now you mention it that makes sense. Bit :loopy: if you ask me.

the best way to notice is in the anti immigration / muslim threads, youll find loads of new posters (say currently oct 2010) popping up with like 1 or 2 posts and wading into the arguement, sometimes they even know other posters and ways they speak and what they believe in

Archived