Pro' Wrestlers from the Sheffield area.

Texas

I remember alan kilbys son adam used to work at pop-in chippy on gower st. I believe alan part owned it. I used to ask adam if he fancied the wrestling game he said no chance he wanted to be a electrician. Obviously that did'nt work out for him. See alan now and again he plays in pool league. can't remember who he plays for but i think its one of pubs around attercliffe or darnall.

• 1 month later...

remember alan kilby very well he was a good friend to my dad whenever he went into arundel club always had a good slap on the back for dad and an even better laugh also remember alan once gave me a tow with my broken doen mini he tied the tow rope onto both cars even though he was dressed up in his dinner suit including bow tie

• 2 weeks later...

Eric Cutler was a great pal of mine. I met him when I was about 13 yrs old at Longley open air baths.He was always there with his wife Brenda & his little babby who is now monster size. He used to wrestle with Abe Ginsberg as the Black Diamonds tag team, they were baddys with black masks on. He took a pub, the Angel Inn at Eckington for a while then went on repairing cars or anything else which was broken. He was a genius with his hands which were like 2 shovels. Sadly Brenda died quite young and it did him in for a while but he came round OK & met another lady who looked after him like a goodun.He died of a heart attack a few years back.I knew most of the wrestlers from Sheffield, Bobby Graham, Brian Glover(Leon Arras), Alan Kilby.All great guys.

The last time I saw Bobby Graham was in Southampton, about 10 years ago. At that time he and Les Kellet were doing the rounds. Alas Les is no longer with us. The most memorable bout I saw Bobby in was with Mike Marino. Something went down badly with B and he finished up chasing Marino with a chair. It looked pretty real to me, Marino was running for his life. This was at the Capitol at Sheffield Lane Top. I'd never seen Bobby in such a state as that before.