Suverners don't talk proper!

There is nothing worse than a smug cockney moron taking the mickey out of us northerners for our accent!

Just the other day I was told by a southerner that "we seem to have removed the word, the from the English language".

Well, for a start you annoying cockney rhyming prat, there is no R in bath, don't come to live up north & tell us that "we don't talk proppa"!! :rant:

There's a world of difference between Cockneys and the rest of us Southerners (who do talk properly btw). I wasn't born within earshot of Bow Bells but am frequently called a Cockney by those who have no idea - It's like me calling everyone here a Lancastrian because you're all Northerners :hihi:

There's a world of difference between Cockneys and the rest of us Southerners (who do talk properly btw). I wasn't born within earshot of Bow Bells but am frequently called a Cockney by those who have no idea - It's like me calling everyone here a Lancastrian because you're all Northerners :hihi:
Are you? I met you once and I never noticed ... you must have picked up the twang along the way :)

Although now I think about it, you never actually spoke to me. I was just listening in awe ... like everyone else present at the time. ;)

Rather remiss of me Ruby, I suspect 'listening in awe' is code for 'nudging each other willing that boring halfwit to shut up!'? :hihi:
Now, now, don't get arsey with me. JK! It was at the Rawson Spring, quite a few years ago now. It must have been a bad experience, I don't think you ever went again, did you?

@ Bonzo, as we're discussed before, it's not an 'r'. It's a long 'a' as opposed to a short 'a' :) Just a different dialect, don't let him get to you, it's nothing to get cross about :)

Now, now, don't get arsey with me. JK! It was at the Rawson Spring, quite a few years ago now. It must have been a bad experience, I don't think you ever went again, did you?

@ Bonzo, as we're discussed before, it's not an 'r'. It's a long 'a' as opposed to a short 'a' :) Just a different dialect, don't let him get to you, it's nothing to get cross about :)

Not getting arsey at all, just a bit of self deprecating humour - Apologies if it sounded off.

I quite enjoyed myself in all honesty but I'm not really a pub person so meets are a little out of my comfort zone ... I'm sure I'm getting more antisocial as the years progress.

Archived