Shame on you Prime Minister

For those of you who think that the welfare cuts are only going to penalise the benefit scrounging parasites with a million kids and more plasma TV's than you can shake a stick at, I suggest you take a look at this:

And this:

There but by the grace of god go you ..

OK folks .. a fair few views but not ONE comment. As a result, I have retreated from the main forum to the Disability and Carers group to speak to those who are likely to be directly affected by the savage cuts to those least able to speak up for themselves:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=662882

As I said in my previous post 'there but by the grace of god go you'. Even if you are not directly affected by these proposed cuts (yet!), if you have any form of social conscience then these cuts must be protested before they go into law.

After all, 'we are ALL in this together' ..

Watched the videos. They do tend to leave you speechless.

If we don't look after people properly we might as well start leaving our old folk out on tops of hills to die.

Not one of us knows if we might end up disabled tomorrow (not that self interest should be a motive.) How would you like to be treated?

Watched the videos. They do tend to leave you speechless.

If we don't look after people properly we might as well start leaving our old folk out on tops of hills to die.

Not one of us knows if we might end up disabled tomorrow (not that self interest should be a motive.) How would you like to be treated?

I refuse to beleive that the vast majority of elderly or disabled people dont have any relatives at all to look after them. For people to wash their hands of their relatives and automaticaly expect the state to look after them is a complete disgrace.

I refuse to beleive that the vast majority of elderly or disabled people dont have any relatives at all to look after them. For people to wash their hands of their relatives and automaticaly expect the state to look after them is a complete disgrace.

Even if it is only one person without relatives it is the role of the state to provide for people that need help. That is what the social contract is about and why we judge societies that don't support the weak and vulnerable as negligent or worse.

If the government dont balance the books things will eventualy be much much worse for everyone.

As a Nobel prize winning economist has pointed out today that is false and that the majority of economists believe Osbourne's ideological attack on the state is a risky strategy that risks low growth or a double dip recession that will empoverish us all.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/10/24/george-osborne-has-exaggerated-and-it-could-cost-us-1-million-jobs-115875-22654755/

If the government dont balance the books things will eventualy be much much worse for everyone.

Yeah, and letting Vodaphone get away with not paying their six billion pound tax bill is helping balance the books?

Archived