Opinions on the latest Wikileaks revelations please.

But on the whole, I think the wikileaks phenomenon is a Good Thing™

It was a deliberate leak of high security documents. It will probably endanger a lot of lives but why worry. It will only be evil American lives.

Yet another reason to quit a useless war and a failed nation that always was, always will be a land of warring tribesmen, down trodden women and opium growers.

Maybe wealthy oil nations such as Saudi will wake up one day and realize that the backwardness and poverty in their part of the world will eventually begin to cause them a share of grief. But why share the wealth when it can be better spent in London, Paris, Switzerland and Cannes. :D

I have been reading some of these documents on wikileaks. Admittedly not all of them, that would be a mammoth task and I simply don't have the time. They seem to be reports on day to day activities as observed (or taken part in) by coalition personnel.

I have a question. Can someone please explain exactly how these documents put "our" forces at risk?

From what I see so far, pertinent details about those involved seems to have been removed or was never in there to begin with.

I have been reading some of these documents on wikileaks. Admittedly not all of them, that would be a mammoth task and I simply don't have the time. They seem to be reports on day to day activities as observed (or taken part in) by coalition personnel.

I have a question. Can someone please explain exactly how these documents put "our" forces at risk?From what I see so far, pertinent details about those involved seems to have been removed or was never in there to begin with.

They don't...plain and simple! It is a statement made by our leaders to divert attention from their criminal activities. There is no proof at all to substantiate the claim.

People who cannot believe the town sheriff is bent will cling to such nonsense.

They don't...plain and simple! It is a statement made by our leaders to divert attention from their criminal activities. There is no proof at all to substantiate the claim.

People who cannot believe the town sheriff is bent will cling to such nonsense.

Affirmed by General Swami (Brit Army retired) Military adviser to HM Government :hihi:

Now all you soldiers can sleep soundly in your beds

The U.S. Government say the latest revelations are a threat to the lives of serving personnel...and the ConDems agree.

I would venture to suggest that they are more a threat to the credibility of both.

What are your thoughts?

An awful lot of docs leaked in one go !

The leak is probably the work of an official faction trying to get control of some aspect of policy.

Affirmed by General Swami (Brit Army retired) Military adviser to HM Government :hihi:

Now all you soldiers can sleep soundly in your beds

Affirmed by US Army records actually...but then...why bother with the facts when you've already made your mind up. ;)

As always...please feel free at any time to challenge what I'm saying rather than the puerile references to some imaginary rank you think I hold. :)

Mod Note

If you disagree with someone then attack the argument and not the person.

Threads which degenerate into insults will be removed and may lead to the thread being closed.

How come? It's not like British and American troops weren't getting shot at before, was it?

x

Well I tend to believe that it will but I'm not an expert like Swami who categorically states that "it wont' based on what he claims is US Army sourced.

Any leak of intelligence of such significant proportions as this is bound to have some effect on operations either now, in the immediate future or in the long term.

I dont trust military sources denying that it wont put soldiers lives in danger.

The military have egg all over their faces and when faced with a highly embarassing situation the gut reaction is to start damage control by making statements that have no basis for fact.

Anyway we'll find out in the months to come if the number of British and American soldiers coming home in body bags or on crutches starts to climb significantly

Archived