Opinions on the latest Wikileaks revelations please.

Because the papers he released were not under any kind of official secrets act for the countries he lives in, would be my guess.

Those old enough will remember the "Spycatcher" fiasco of the mid-eighties, where at one point, MI6 officials were insisting that something which was true when it was said in Australia was false when it was said in England. (There are statements, such as the obvious example of the sentence "I am currently in Australia," for which that would work - but the stuff in question was way beyond such trivialities.)

Well their countrys equivalent.

I find it a bit suspicious.

I don't think there's anything suspicious about it harvey. I think it is highly important that the truth be aired publicly and not whitewashed by those who lead us into this sort of madness.

The hypocracy and lies that have come to light after these documents were published should make every one of us start to ask questions...

...for instance...am I happy that this is done in my name?...

...If Saddam was such a figure of evil because of his methods why are we employing those very same methods?...

...Why are they proven to have deliberately lied about the number of civilian casualties and deaths, many of them women and children?

The director of the Wikileaks site is an Australian called Julian Assange. He's a journalist who feels as I do above.

Regards to your significant other. :)

Heres's how RT reported it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJk30Scmmv0

i've not seen any BBC but RT don't filter it like they do.

It's about time we appologised and brought Bush and Bliar to justice.

Look what happened to saddam for his war crimes.Blair makes up for his crimes by donating a bit of cash from his book.:confused:

if youtube was ever shut down your life would end.

mr assange dos'nt seem to like it when the leaks came out about is rape and molestation charges ,but at least he 's in a position where he can defend it .not like some of the people who's lives he's putting at risk in afghanistan.

Which brings us back to the statement I made some time earlier. It might well be that releasing this information is endangering lives, and that's one issue; but that has no bearing on whether the actions of the US/UK and allies were justified.

What's disturbing is that most of the people who focus on the "endangering lives by breaching security" angle seem happy to completely ignore what the documents actually say, and have no interest in finding out if the allegations have any basis in reality, let alone dealing with them.

mr assange dos'nt seem to like it when the leaks came out about is rape and molestation charges ,but at least he 's in a position where he can defend it .not like some of the people who's lives he's putting at risk in afghanistan.

He was cleared of those charges in a Swedish court recently.

How many lives were lost in Afghanistan as a direct result of the war diary leaks?

How is telling the truth behind the lies putting people's lives at risk.

You seem to have swallowed the "party line" hook, line and sinker.

I don't think there's anything suspicious about it harvey. I think it is highly important that the truth be aired publicly and not whitewashed by those who lead us into this sort of madness.

The hypocracy and lies that have come to light after these documents were published should make every one of us start to ask questions...

...for instance...am I happy that this is done in my name?...

...If Saddam was such a figure of evil because of his methods why are we employing those very same methods?...

...Why are they proven to have deliberately lied about the number of civilian casualties and deaths, many of them women and children?

The director of the Wikileaks site is an Australian called Julian Assange. He's a journalist who feels as I do above.

Regards to your significant other. :)

Hi, what I meant by it being suspicious is the government not stopping its publication.

Not the contents.

(Have you seem my suggestion for a unique forum meet ?)

Hi, what I meant by it being suspicious is the government not stopping its publication.

Not the contents.

(Have you seem my suggestion for a unique forum meet ?)

Believe me they have tried. The problem for them is the difficulty of policing cyber space.

Mr Assange has also been the victim of several "dirty tricks" campaigns by a few governments eager to protect the full truth of their crimes.

A unique forum meet meet sounds fun...unless you take the view that they're all unique. :D

PM me a link please.

Believe me they have tried. The problem for them is the difficulty of policing cyber space.

Mr Assange has also been the victim of several "dirty tricks" campaigns by a few governments eager to protect the full truth of their crimes.

A unique forum meet meet sounds fun...unless you take the view that they're all unique. :D

PM me a link please.

Agent Oranges thread.

Archived