Hillsborough disaster, where were you?

I hope a few who were drunk and ticketless and who caused the Police to open the Leppings Lane entrance are questioned under caution as well.

Not a chance in hell. Its become un-pc to put any blame on the fans. Its mad when you think about it. Look at Heysal (sp?) stadium? Look at Hillsborough. Whats the one common denominator? Anyone care to hazard a guess?

The real Liverpool fans where the ones who arrived on time and sober, the ones at the front, the ones who dies.

If it were me id be wanting to find out who did all the pushing and then charge them.

Sadly it wont happen. SYP has seen to that.

Its just been on Radio4 news that the new inquest is to take place in a specially constructed courthouse in Warrington. There will be 12 jurors plus another 10 on standby in case of illness etc (that means 22 on duty at all times). There are dozens of legal teams.

This will cost millions, it was also announced, in the same bulletin, that 13 ex Police officers have been interviewed under caution. (an indication, if one was needed, that the outcome is already done and dusted.)

The eventual outcome is not in dispute, the Police officers will be held responsible.

This is not an inquest, it is a witch hunt. The people who will never get justice are the dead and the Police.

Edited by Ruprecht1st

Its just been on Radio4 news that the new inquest is to take place in a specially constructed courthouse in Warrington. There will be 12 jurors plus another 10 on standby in case of illness etc (that means 22 on duty at all times). There are dozens of legal teams.

This will cost millions, it was also announced, in the same bulletin, that 13 ex Police officers have been interviewed under caution. (an indication, if one was needed, that the outcome is already done and dusted.)

The eventual outcome is not in dispute, the Police officers will be held responsible.

This is not an inquest, it is a witch hunt. The people who will never get justice are the dead and the Police.

Couldnt agree more.

What a load of bunkum on this thread! I've been to hundreds of matches where fans have arrived late and having had a pint or two. Were there any deaths? No.

I've also been to far larger events with much bigger crowds and guess what? They were all filtered safely in to the stadium.

Have posters really managed to fail to notice the facts as they have unravelled, or is it just easier to blame the Liverpool fans than to look closer to home?

It is an absolute disgrace that Hillsborough families still have to read this tripe on the internet after all these years.

Count yourselves as bad as 'The Sun' for perpetuating such garbage. YES, SOME FANS WERE DRUNK. YES, SOME FANS ARRIVED LATE. IT HAPPENS AT EVERY MATCH. PEOPLE DON'T DIE AT EVERY MATCH. USE YOUR BRAINS.

What a load of bunkum on this thread! I've been to hundreds of matches where fans have arrived late and having had a pint or two. Were there any deaths? No.

I've also been to far larger events with much bigger crowds and guess what? They were all filtered safely in to the stadium.

Have posters really managed to fail to notice the facts as they have unravelled, or is it just easier to blame the Liverpool fans than to look closer to home?

It is an absolute disgrace that Hillsborough families still have to read this tripe on the internet after all these years.

Count yourselves as bad as 'The Sun' for perpetuating such garbage. YES, SOME FANS WERE DRUNK. YES, SOME FANS ARRIVED LATE. IT HAPPENS AT EVERY MATCH. PEOPLE DON'T DIE AT EVERY MATCH. USE YOUR BRAINS.

Exactly, the police should have had a plan to take into account something that was entirely expected. Also I'm amazed that people believe that the police shouldn't be held to account for the alleged cover up. If they broke the law and doctored and withheld evidence then they need the book throwing at them.

Exactly, the police should have had a plan to take into account something that was entirely expected. Also I'm amazed that people believe that the police shouldn't be held to account for the alleged cover up. If they broke the law and doctored and withheld evidence then they need the book throwing at them.

That's right. I hope those at the FA will also be brought to account.

Were you there? Did you see the ticketless drunken mob? I did, I was there I saw for myself what they were like. Couldn't believe how much they were swigging back, including vodka straight from the bottle.

I personally don,t think anything will get really sorted at this inquest it is just a witch hunt that do will do no good , after all the inquest is situated in warrington as are the jurors which incase you don,t know is all in the liverpool postcode catchment area so in my opinion will make for a biased trial, this inquest if it was to go ahead should have been in a neutral area say birmingham , newcastle london etc somewhere not linked at all with any aspect of the case to guarantee a neutral finding .