Hillsborough disaster, where were you?

What will the outcome of the latest inquest achieve? What do the public want to hear?

What do the parents/relatives of the deceased want to achieve?

Are we ever going to satisfy all parties?

Each Policeman/steward/fan can only tell the truth as they saw it.

If any of these people (remember it was many years ago) bend the truth either intentionally or unintentionally then the outcome will be flawed. If the outcome does not satisfy all groups will there be calls for another enquiry?

We can deduce so far that the police may have doctored some of the statements afterwards.

We can also see from the posted video that there was a clear lack of command with regard to closing the tunnels to the central pens after the outer gates were opened in order to stop a potential loss of life.

We are also able to see from the video that the number of turnstiles was inadequate for the number of fans.

We know all of this, we know that since then so many changes have been made that contribute to greater safety, we know that crowd behaviour has changed we know lots of things so what is the point of this latest inquest? Is it just looking for someone to blame???

that fateful day i was at home had the tv on ,it came on.living not that far from hillsbro shirecliffe i saw some of the impact afterwards .the police should tell the truth then again the politicians [tory] at the time should also hold there hands up ,the scum that posted on the Wikipedia site should be named and shamed ,men women children lost there life's ,there loved ones should know why it happened , i think the kick off should have been put forward ,better checks at the turn styles ,they was non paying getting in thats a fact

that fateful day i was at home had the tv on ,it came on.living not that far from hillsbro shirecliffe i saw some of the impact afterwards .the police should tell the truth then again the politicians [tory] at the time should also hold there hands up ,the scum that posted on the Wikipedia site should be named and shamed ,men women children lost there life's ,there loved ones should know why it happened , i think the kick off should have been put forward ,better checks at the turn styles ,they was non paying getting in thats a fact

I was on Leppings lane , by the bridge .

It was mayhem .

There was fans defecating in front gardens , . Some were stood on the gates at the turn styles , urinating on the crowds as they were going in .

Needless to say- they were absolutely " ****** ".

My heart goes out to the people who lost their loved ones .

It would appear that the "truth " will never come out because everyone is looking for someone to blame when , in actual fact , the **** heads crated so much mayhem that the genuine fans , police and the staff at the gates were thrown into chaos .

hopefully you will be given the opportunity to tell the enquiry what you saw. I doubt you will though

I was just thinking the same,hasn't anybody learnt from the lies the sun printed.

Edited by nikki-red

• 2 years later...
I was at my dads that day, we travelled from Shalesmoor to Wadsley Bridge and thought that something w3asnt right. When we arrived and the news came on I could not beleive as a 15year old footie mad lad that this was happening.

Luckly I was not at moms that day as we lived in Hillsborugh, when I went back to mom's she was sat upset as she had let many a fan in to use the phone to contact relatives.

Its a day that will stay with me as I never saw my mom as upset as she was on that day.

I am pleased to have read your thread. I was a taxi driver on the afternoon it happened and I can remember driving past Hillsborough on Penistone Road and noticed how eery and quite it was. Little did I know what was going on until I got home later, spooky!