Hillsborough disaster, where were you?

Where were you?

What were you doing?

Who originally told you?

How did you feel at the time?

What did you do?

Who did you tell?

What was your opinion at the time, and when did this change?

Why do you know the answers to all of these, and it's still vivid?

-

All but the last question have been answered by most posters.

Why can I can not remember yesterday, but can answer the first 7 questions without a seconds thought.

they're's a definite reason for that, I just can't remember at the moment

The kick off was delayed as there had been a traffic delay on the M62, hence MANY fans arriving late to the ground

You are right about traffic delays on the M62, but wrong about the game being delayed. It kicked off at 3 o'clock, but should have been delayed.

Edited by Andy
fixed quote

The forged tickets piece is a red herring as well. The HSE report concluded that the number of Liverpool supporters on the entire Leppings Lane Terrace did not exceed the number of tickets issued. The fact was that the central pens were way overcrowded and the pens to the sides were sparsely populated.

I was replying to your statement that it still happens all the time and specifically not to the Hillsborough Disaster. As I said in my first post this forum is not really the best place to discuss the many causes of that awful day bearing in mind probably none of us is in possesion of the full facts.

A few years ago, when I did my First Aid course, the instructor told me he'd been there on duty with St John Ambulance.

Beforehand, he was excited because it was the first time he'd been to a football match.

It was also the last football match he ever went to.

I have been reading all the comments on this thread and the one thing that strikes me as that practically no-one was actually in the ground when this tragedy happened and have no experience of what went on that day.

There are people who were and did experience it.

We will never forget that day. We will never forget the people who suffered and died - they will always stay in our hearts. It was a terrible time for the City of Sheffield and its people and re-visiting it this way and analysing what happened or trying to apportion blame in my opinion does no good.

Hopefully the powers-that-be will ensure that it will never happen again.

Can't we just leave it at that?

I went to Manchester for the day. When I came back at about 5 o'clock there were lots of Liverpool fans at the train station and I thought they didn't look very happy, but I just assumed that Liverpool had lost. Wasn't until I got home that I found out what had happened.