Can you appeal against a dentists decision ?

I missed an appointment last friday, as I mistakenly marked it on my calender as this friday - on realising this, I rang them up this morning to be told I wouldnt be offered another appointment and would have to find another dentist.

I have been with them for a while now, and had a lot of work done to rectify work that my previous dentist did, and have only had to reshedule one appointment in the past due to illness.

It seems strange to me that they have said this, especially as they have had crowns etc made for me, that are now ready for fitting (I havent paid for them yet)

Should I appeal against this (and if so, how) or just go to another dentist ???

I have heard of dentists striking people off their lists for such things. It does seem a bit harsh if you have a good attendance record in the past. I am not sure of any appeal system in place so you might have to find somewhere else. However, that is the problem. Where do you find an alternative NHS dentist?!

How strange. We were in Denplan with a dental surgery and one of our daughter's missed her appointment (National Health) and they said that both would be knocked off the registrer .. so we thought, stuff them, and took our business elsewhere and our new dentist is great .. advising us on what is best under private care and what we can get away with without much difference on the NHS .. so we can swop between the two.

Well, I rang the number my dentist gave me to find another dentist, but you have to leave your details, age, address and phone number - but it doesnt give you enough time to do it, so I dont expect to hear back from them...

Anyone know a dentist thats taking on new patients ?

Well, I rang the number my dentist gave me to find another dentist, but you have to leave your details, age, address and phone number - but it doesnt give you enough time to do it, so I dont expect to hear back from them...

The one next to Nirmals on West Street.

Not knowing where abouts you are living, there is one in Killamarsh that is advertising NHS treatment for registered patients

Archived