Arrogance in men.

Is it bred into them?

Do they have secret lessons in school on how to berate women and think they have the knowledge to unlock all what is wrong with the world or are they just that stupid that they don't realise what idiots they really are?

Yes, they teach special classes whilst the women are off being taught how to use and abuse stereotypes.

Him: so do you believe that planet X exsists?

Me: I do think there is a tenth planet out there but i don't think it will come crashing into the earth and wipe us all out.

Him: where's your evidence of this planet X.

Me: I do not have any evidence it is purely my belief.

Him: But thats ridicuous Stephanie, No one in their right mind would believe in such crap.

Me: What evidence have you got that a tenth planet does not exsist. What if you are wrong and it does.

Him: I am never wrong!

Me: Thats quite an arrogant statement to come out with.

Him: I am not arrogant, i am just right all the time.

It makes my blood boil :mad:

The conversation finished in a slightly strange way, he should have pointed out that a belief that isn't supported by any evidence is irrational, and that negative proof's are not possible (except in a bounded set, which this case isn't).

You may as well believe that 100's of undiscovered planets are orbiting the sun and hiding from us, it's irrational, you need evidence to believe something, not evidence to not believe it!

The conversation finished in a slightly strange way, he should have pointed out that a belief that isn't supported by any evidence is irrational, and that negative proof's are not possible (except in a bounded set, which this case isn't).

You may as well believe that 100's of undiscovered planets are orbiting the sun and hiding from us, it's irrational, you need evidence to believe something, not evidence to not believe it!

The conversation ended because i was giving him death glares and whether my belief is irrational or not is beside the point. He should not have asked the question if he just wanted to pull it apart to show how manly and superior he is :|:hihi:

The conversation ended because i was giving him death glares and whether my belief is irrational or not is beside the point. He should not have asked the question if he just wanted to pull it apart to show how manly and superior he is :|:hihi:

Was he guessing or was it picking up an earlier conversation? It's not something you'd normally just ask out of the blue in the hope that you'd have some unsupported belief to attack.

Was he guessing or was it picking up an earlier conversation? It's not something you'd normally just ask out of the blue in the hope that you'd have some unsupported belief to attack.

He just asked the question out of the blue, he does it often just to pull apart my answer

He was just lucky that you hold an irrational believe about about a tenth planet?

Why play then, if he asks a random question, give the 'obvious' answer. If he starts to pull it apart, tell him you've changed your mind.

And get treatment for the nasty case of stereotypeitus, all men are no more the same than all women.

Archived