Do forum members have voices?

Do you imagine the voice of a member whose posts you read or reply to? I've found myself creating little personalities for certain people, based on what they say and what I believe their personalities to be.

So for example some posters I see as hysterical, unhappy people, others are stuck in their ways, they might hold different views to mine, but their voice is a rational one, then there are the sage folks-wise old owls who avoid the sensational arguments but occasionally contribute with a soothing tone.

Me? Think Chris Eubank with a hint of Bernard Manning.

I don't think anyone can claim to have no accent at all? Every one has some sort of accent, even the Queen has her own special way of speaking.

I didn't use to have much of a Sheffield accent, more a generic northern one, but I'm trying to use dialect words and phrases more often these days. It's such a shame that so many kids today can speak Estuary or Jafraikan, but they can't speak their own dialect :(

I don't think anyone can claim to have no accent at all? Every one has some sort of accent, even the Queen has her own special way of speaking.

I didn't use to have much of a Sheffield accent, more a generic northern one, but I'm trying to use dialect words and phrases more often these days. It's such a shame that so many kids today can speak Estuary or Jafraikan, but they can't speak their own dialect :(

I guess you are right on the no accent thing. I always try to speak correctly using the correct words....that is until i get angry then i revert straight back into sheffield slang and sound like a fishwife :hihi:

Archived