Is it a sin to steal a bible?

Hear me out here. Im not normally a thief. Im staying in a hotel tonight and beside my bed is a bible donated by those lovely people the Gideons.

I started to give it a read and as god said, it was good. I want to carry on reading it but i am getting tired and have to be up early. Do you think anyone would mind if I took the book? My reasoning would be that potentially it could turn me into a good Christian and by default i believe my sin would be forgiven. If I dont take the book I may never find god and become a Christian and therefore be living my life in sin.

I'm stumped.

hey why not take the book and then make a good donation to the gideon society? your problem solved and they get some much needed cash!!

Hear me out here. Im not normally a thief. Im staying in a hotel tonight and beside my bed is a bible donated by those lovely people the Gideons.

I started to give it a read and as god said, it was good. I want to carry on reading it but i am getting tired and have to be up early. Do you think anyone would mind if I took the book? My reasoning would be that potentially it could turn me into a good Christian and by default i believe my sin would be forgiven. If I dont take the book I may never find god and become a Christian and therefore be living my life in sin.

I'm stumped.

If you want to take it - then take it. The Gideons are spreading the word of God. I got one last year...and yes I am a Christian.....I phoned them to ask if I could buy one and the response I got was that they don't sell them....and then I was told to read between what was being said...they don't sell them.

If you missed your opportunity though there is a cheap shop on the tramstop at Hillsborough that is selling them for £1 each.

If you still want one and missed it I will be very happy to buy one for you :D

edit....just seen you didn't take it.....my offer still stands...if you want one I will buy it and arrange to get it to you.

Many Blessings to you.

On a similar line, my ma has recently been in hospital and came home with a book entitled 'An Hour with Jesus', she said someone had left it on her bed. I thought it quite funny as she is 95 so told her an hour is OK, but no longer.

If you want to take it - then take it. The Gideons are spreading the word of God. I got one last year...and yes I am a Christian.....I phoned them to ask if I could buy one and the response I got was that they don't sell them....and then I was told to read between what was being said...they don't sell them.

If you missed your opportunity though there is a cheap shop on the tramstop at Hillsborough that is selling them for £1 each.

If you still want one and missed it I will be very happy to buy one for you :D

edit....just seen you didn't take it.....my offer still stands...if you want one I will buy it and arrange to get it to you.

Many Blessings to you.

Thanks Julado. Very nice of you. :)

I didn't take it as I didn't want to steal and can afford one. I think I may purchase one.

Thanks Julado. Very nice of you. :)

I didn't take it as I didn't want to steal and can afford one. I think I may purchase one.

The Gideon's one is good as it has a section in it that you can turn to in any situation and it gives guidance as to what to read.

There were about 30 for sale in the shop on Hillsborough tram stop last week....at £1 each.

And it wouldn't have been stealing....they are placed there for people to read (and take...even though it says don't take them). The hotels and venues that have them in rooms have plenty more supplied to them. :)

Archived