Arrgggghh don't you hate it when people call you love, when your not ?

I don't have to shut up at all. I am sure you have things you dislike. I have lived here since I was a child and it still grates on me now when someone calls me love, either in an argument or trying to talk me round.

I can think of some alternative four-letter words we can all call you if you would prefer? :P

You aren't from round here, are you? .... luv:)

I am actually :hihi::hihi:, I think I may have explained not very clearly, I don't mind it in shops and on the bus and in friendly circumstances. I hate it when, how do I explain this, you are having a debate and the other person doesn't like what you are saying and then they pull that listen love, like let me reason with you and I will talk you round type thing, when you know you can't won't change your opinion. Does that make sense kind of. :huh:

It makes me shudder with anger. I hate being called love. Maybe it is a friendly term here I don't know. It rattles me and makes me feel talked down to. I mean whoever calls it me, it has the same response.

Practically everybody in the city gets called "luv" (except maybe people who live in the really posh areas.

"Pet" and "duck" are also frequently used.

I say it without thinking, so it's not intended to be patronizing.

(That's talking down to people by the way.)

I am actually :hihi::hihi:, I think I may have explained not very clearly, I don't mind it in shops and on the bus and in friendly circumstances. I hate it when, how do I explain this, you are having a debate and the other person doesn't like what you are saying and then they pull that listen love, like let me reason with you and I will talk you round type thing, when you know you can't won't change your opinion. Does that make sense kind of. :huh:

Absolutely. And I hate that too. I tend to come out fighting at that point.

Bus Drivers and shopkeepers can call me "love" and "duck" as much as they like though.

I sympathise with anyone trying to hold a debate with you if you're the sort of person who decides in advance that they will not change their opinion. I'm surprised they don't end up resorting to a far more widespread selection of four-letter words.

Arghhhh I am not saying I never change my opinion either, I am just saying in the event that I don't.

:):hihi:

i say it without thinking, so it's not intended to be patronizing.

(that's talking down to people by the way.)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:........

Archived