Arrgggghh don't you hate it when people call you love, when your not ?

I seem to be in the minority (what's new!) but I agree with you. I dislike insincere terms of endearment like "love", "pet", "flower", "darling", "hon/honey", "chicken" (CHICKEN!?!?! HOW did this get started??!?!?) and all the others I can't think of at the moment :huh: Although they don't make my blood boil with anger, they do make me inwardly cringe.

:rant::rant: and you don't even know them. I mean in the context of a debate, or when you disagree with someone and they resort to love. Talking down type way.

That does not bother me really because I am guilty of it :o

When I first moved to Sheffield I recall this chap who sold flowers near when I lived. Everytime I bought from him without fail he always used to say to me "thanks coc!k" Now that is annoying especially as I am a women!

Lots of people seem to have misunderstood the original post in the thread it seems. I believe they have a problem with people who use "love" in a condescending manner. It can be used in a way that basically means - listen love, i'm right you're wrong now shut up.

That is different to a shop assistant saying "thanks love" to everyone.

Archived