Arrgggghh don't you hate it when people call you love, when your not ?

I am actually :hihi::hihi:, I think I may have explained not very clearly, I don't mind it in shops and on the bus and in friendly circumstances. I hate it when, how do I explain this, you are having a debate and the other person doesn't like what you are saying and then they pull that listen love, like let me reason with you and I will talk you round type thing, when you know you can't won't change your opinion. Does that make sense kind of. :huh:
Youn are very insecure aren't you,...... Luv

Lots of people seem to have misunderstood the original post in the thread it seems. I believe they have a problem with people who use "love" in a condescending manner. It can be used in a way that basically means - listen love, i'm right you're wrong now shut up.

That is different to a shop assistant saying "thanks love" to everyone.

If you look into the embres of a fire you can see anything that you want to, just the same as the PC brigade started with all their PC jargon.

The term love is a commonly used local term just as in Derbyshire the word duck (Hey Up Duck) is used in the same way.

Chill out get a life.

If you look into the embres of a fire you can see anything that you want to, just the same as the PC brigade started with all their PC jargon.

The term love is a commonly used local term just as in Derbyshire the word duck (Hey Up Duck) is used in the same way.

Chill out get a life.

Did you quote the wrong post or is your post genuinely as nonsensical as it sounds?

Lots of people seem to have misunderstood the original post in the thread it seems. I believe they have a problem with people who use "love" in a condescending manner. It can be used in a way that basically means - listen love, i'm right you're wrong now shut up.

That is different to a shop assistant saying "thanks love" to everyone.

... From someone who knows the real definition of 'condescending'? :huh:

Youn are very insecure aren't you,...... Luv

Not really love.

Just wanted to make myself clear as it was causing some confusion (hence head scratch). I had made my point about being spoken down to but some people don't read full thread. Anyway have a good day sweetheart. A very secure Wotsits. :hihi:

Yes l use the word duck all the time. Anotherone that my non sheffield friends dont understand is, see you later, but does not mean l will be back that same day.

'See you later' is a colloquialism used throughout the country, imitated familiarity like 'duck' varies across the country ... 'youth' or 'surrey' in Chesterfield; 'me 'ansome' in Devon and Cornwall; 'my bird' in Bristol; 'my lover' in Somerset... the list is endless, but used primarily by the lower working class element as a term of familiarity amongst there own people.

Archived