Ross Noble last night

vulpine

We went to see him in Buxton a few weeks ago and last night as well. He was even funnier this time round. The majority of his show is totally ad lib, there were about 5-6 stories that were the same in Buxton, but all the other material was made up on the night from bouncing off the audience. You'll get a different show every time! Total genius!!

Yes - i saw him last night - it was a very good show. I too wonder how much is scripted and how much is adhoc. I'm guessing he has a rough script that he talks around, sublimented with what is happening that night either in his head or from feedback from the audience.

a very talented man !

As far as I'm aware it's all improvised. No two shows are alike. Heard him talk about it once. He just goes with what the crowd brings up. That's why he was going on about it not been the same gig as Hull when the girls mentioned the spoons. It's all random thoughts that come into his head. Maybe occasionally he falls back on jokes he's told before but only rarely. Scary enough to face a big audience but worse not having material prepared. He is indeed talented.

Archived