Cycle Routes In Sheffield

Hi all

I'm new to Sheffield (love it!). I am a keen mountain biker... are there any more MTB nuts out there??? and so far I have stumbled across a few decent little runs, but can anyone point me in the direction of any good local ones? or a local club that rides often in the area?? cheers all:|

Oh any where in the area will do. have bike will travel!

Good Morning Mr Robinson, welcome to Sheffield.

Great Mountain biking round here, in fact my OH moved from the flat fenlands to Sheffield a few months ago and loves it (don't know whether he's with me 'cos he loves me, or it was the MTB'ing that was the draw :) )

We ride MTB, dirt and jump and XC and ride with a crew called Urban Extremists.

Our regular haunt is Wharncliffe Woods, Steve Peat's stomping ground, but also organise a few rides at Sherwood Pines, Dalby Forest and Cannock.

We also organise a few races, usually entered by the younger ones who are quite fearless and are Steve's proteges for the future, ( even tho' my OH is 31 and still gives it a go )

Have a look at our website

http://www.urbanextremistuk.co.uk/

Threvor organises most of the meets, but we also meet up when the feeling takes us, and don't always post it on the site, feel free to contact Trev via the website.

We ride alsorts of disciplines and there's a decent age range.

If you just want to pick our brains of where to ride that's fine too, i don't know when our next official meet is, but we have a race at the end of November.

Get in touch, the more the merrier.

Ride hard, Ride fast.

Check out my FB page for photo's of when we rode MegaAvalanche in the Alps this summer....:)

Well hello there to you! Thanks for the super quick response ... Cannock and Dalby .. I know em well!!! ace!! Yup any routes in the area (I'm a Garmin geek) would be cool - At the mo I'm stumbling across good bits with out actually knowing where I am:loopy:

Oh man this is a strict forum .. I had to delete your links before I could respond!

Hiya just had a trawl thro' some of my contacts, you might find them useful

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=137235627849 Ride Sheffield, great group

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=136231083072893 The Bike Tree, good bunch of like-minded guys, always happy to chat, great shop and they have weekly runs out from their shop, good way to find more trails.

Here's a link to my OH's FB page, the good pics of Mega are on there, will be posting vids too

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=569803411

:)

Welcome to Sheffield!

The mountain biking around here is great and there are just loads of circuits in the Peak. A lot are easily accessible from the stops along the Hope valley line, so you can just hop on the train with your bike and you'll be there in 15-20 minutes. There are two excellent books to the peak by Vertebrate, each about £10-15 on amazon. Failing that, just follow any of the bridleways on the OS maps, most are ride-able.

Enjoy! :)

Welcome to Sheffield!

There are two excellent books to the peak by Vertebrate, each about £10-15 on amazon.

The two Vertebrate books are great as mine came with a CD of all the routes so you can print out individual sheets. Maybe a gpx file as well would make them perfect

I'm off out tonight for a night time off road run, Porter Valley via the Peak District anniversary route out of town, up the Porter Lane , onwards to Redmires reservoirs then up to Stanedge Pole and maybe a bit further along the Long Causeway.

I’ll be taking a cyclocross bike rather than MTB but great route on either.

Lumicycle lights charged up and ready

Archived