Tariq Aziz sentenced to death

Iraq was a lot more secular and less repressive under Saddam than it is now. Well done US and UK.

There was a sizeable Christian minority that have been persecuted since the invasion and who have either been killed or fled the country. There is also a far more fundamentalist form of Islam prevalent and women now have to cover up and usually have to go out accompanied by a male relative.

Saddam was a force for good compared to what the US and UK did to that country.

I'm generally quite supportive of internationally agreed, pro-active intervention such as stopping a rouge state developing or using WMDs. Not that this case turned out to be that.

But even if it was right to go into Iraq, the state we've left in is appalling. As Nagal says above, we've made things worse for the people of Iraq and for the west. Lose - Lose situation.

Is this the former communications minister? He was my favourite.

Being interviewed by western media, American tanks in camera shot, rolling past the end of the road 100m away, whilst proudly stating the American infidels are being repelled as we speak and victory is only a matter of days away. Quality.

What's he going to say in his final statement, rope around his neck?

Wrong guy. Comical Ali (Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf ) now lives in the UAE.

Tariq Aziz was Saddam's deputy, and Iraq's foremost diplomat. Widely liked and respected, in spite of his loyalty to his leader.

Tariq Ali is a British historian, journalist and political campaigner.

not only do I think that his sentence should be commuted, but I think they should let him out, even if that would mean he would almost certainly leave Iraq, in all probability to be greeted at somewhere like Dundee airport by George Galloway and yes, Tariq Ali, and become the darling of the democracynow infantile leftist 'peaceniks' and the anti-Israel crowd.

not only do I think that his sentence should be commuted, but I think they should let him out, even if that would mean he would almost certainly leave Iraq, in all probability to be greeted at somewhere like Dundee airport by George Galloway and yes, Tariq Ali, and become the darling of the democracynow infantile leftist 'peaceniks' and the anti-Israel crowd.

Highly unlikely.

Unlike you lot, we don't take kindly to war criminals entering the UK... as your mate Livni almost found out to her cost.

x

Archived