Getting married at 11.30am..what to do until the evening do?

Hi, first I just want to say thanks for all the replies I received on my previous thread 'wedding on a tight budget' as it has been locked. We are getting married at the town hall at 11.30am, then having a meal with close family at around 1pm in a family pub in Ecclesfield. Our evening party doesn't start until 7pm. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do in the time between the ceremony/meal and the evening celebration?

:idea::hihi::o

aside from the obvious.... I guess it depends on the time of year and the like - might be nice to gather the family and maybe some other close friends in one of the parks for a few drinks etc picnic stylee but guessing you won't want to eat any more!

If its winter then maybe just stay in a nice pub with a roaring fire, few drinks, maybe play a few games or something...

(I'm guessing that you won't have cash to splash on filling the time...)

If you are getting married before it is supposed to go maybe you could take a trip on the wheel?

take a boat up a river?

trying to think of things that maybe you wouldn't do that would be quite romantic and fitting for a wedding day.

We're getting married on April 30th next year. If it was just me and hubby I can think of plenty to do in the time between the wedding and evening do :hihi: , It's all the relatives I'm thinking about as all my family are coming up from Cambridgeshire, and I can't just leave them wandering aimlessly around Sheffield for 6 hours

wellI'd be allowing around 2 hours for your meal which leaves you 4 hours to kill, assuming that there's no photographer involved as you don't mention it you can't pinch any time back there.

The big wheel idea sound a pretty good one and would make for some good photos by if a family member if no official photographer, to be honest short of that I think you maybe struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived