Predictive text blunders

Strix

'Fancy an adds?'

:loopy: Don't you just love predictive text? :confused:

lots of words we think we've keyed in come out as something else, so, have you ever sent something that should have said something else, or have you had any strange messages from friends?

'When will you be good?' :roll:

If I'm not careful, I end up signing off all my texts with 'Wild'. And when I tell people to 'gimme a ball' they usually understand now.

I wish predictive text learnt which words you used most often and came up with them first.

Thats why I've stopped using it now, I'getting to be faster without having to re-read everything I put, even if it does encourage text speak.

Wilf

'Do you want to go for a quick riot after work?'

'I mean shot'

'I mean pint'

Also, "don't" appears correctly if you put the apostrophe in. On my phone, "dont" is after "foot" and "font", but "don't" (36618) appears straight away. Most T9 phones are pretty pedantic about punctuation.

Similar, but from when Word first had auto correct. I friend of mine was putting a quote together for Ponsfords, &, to make a good impression, went to hand deliver the letter.

Apparently he thought as an afterthought while walking up Chesterfield road that he'd better check the letter, only to notice that auto-corrent had not recognised the name "Angus", & had taken offense at the inclusion of the "g"...

D'oh, well spotted... :D

Archived