How long can you keep a piece of fruit (without it rotting)?

I have two satsumas in my drawer at work that have mysteriously shrivelled and gone hard that now look like mini pumpkins.

No sign of mould despite them being at least 2 years old. I can only think this is because of air conditioning?

How long can you keep a piece of fruit (without it rotting)?

What is the longest time you could do so?

What is the longest time you have?

I've kept a Granny Smith in cryogenic suspension for 369 years here at my facility! ... Beat that! (with thermal gloves on) ;)

It depends on the fruit, how it's stored and the source of the fruit.

Apples can be stored right through the winter if they're a keeping variety, pick them at the right time and store them correctly.

Supermarket fruit has an odd habit of going straight from unripe to rotten, completely missing out the ripe and edible stage.

It depends on the fruit, how it's stored and the source of the fruit.

Apples can be stored right through the winter if they're a keeping variety, pick them at the right time and store them correctly.

Supermarket fruit has an odd habit of going straight from unripe to rotten, completely missing out the ripe and edible stage.

I read once that fruit in Supermarkets shouldn't be close to the flowers, seems most of them are, anyhow I have to drive home fast with my Bananas they turn before I get in the house :)

Archived