Searching Sheffield Search for Leonard E Claxton, also known as Smith.

dawnci1

STILL AT A LOSS WITH THIS ONE.

Anyone that knows of any Claxton's or Smith still living in Sheffield, would be really helpful.

All I know is Leonard Father was William and they lived on Hampton Road in the 30's & 40's, i believe from records, that they left the street, in about 1953, does anyone know where they moved to?????

Thankyou everyone for your help so far, it is greatly appreciated ;-) xx

Hampton Road is not really in Pitsmoor but in Firvale so it is quite possible he never went to Pye Bank School

Hi Robbie thanx for that info, its just the address we have from way back was Hampton Rd, Pitsmoor, Sheffield.

I was asking which schools maybe still around from that time, would you know, or know how i could find out.

Thanks again for your help

Dawn

If you look on here:

http://www.sheffieldindexers.co.uk

there are several Claxton names under "School Records/Burials/Parish Records", Leonard isn't among them but, there's probably a connection with the other Claxton names to give you a possible background.

Thank you Duffems, will check the link out later, all i know is Leonards dad was called William, probably born around the 1900, or before.

This is most helpful thank you everyone ;-)

I know a Pete Claxton- he's an ex-serviceman and his son is also in the services. He lives in Hillsborough/Malin Bridge.

I am not sure, what Claxton's are alive today, but would you be able to ask Pete, if he had a relation that lived in Hampton Road at any time, all I know is his dad is called William, if that helps at all ;-)

If you look on here:

http://www.sheffieldindexers.co.uk

there are several Claxton names under "School Records/Burials/Parish Records", Leonard isn't among them but, there's probably a connection with the other Claxton names to give you a possible background.

I have managed to go on this site Duffems, It is absolutely fabulous, I didn't even know this existed, I have even tried the Rotherham one to research my family, but not a patch on this one, thank you sooooooooooo much this im sure will be a great help ;-) xxx

Archived