'Xian' - what's all that about then?

All you've proved there is a pseudo religious ideology in the form of communism persecuting a religious ideology, in this case xtianity. The linking of atheism to this battle of ideologies is a complete non sequitur.

Secularism is the exact opposite of this ideological mindset as I'm sure you well know as it puts all religions on an equal footing and takes away state privileges from any one dominating religious ideology.

INDIA.

In recent years, there has been a sharp increase in violent attacks on Christians in India. From 1964 to 1996, thirty-eight incidents of violence against Christians were reported. In 1997, twenty-four such incidents were reported. In 1998, it went up to ninety. Between January 1998 and February 1999 alone, there were one hundred and sixteen attacks against Christians in India. Between 1 January and 30 July 2000, more than fifty-seven attacks on Christians were reported. The acts of violence include arson of churches, forcible conversion of Christians to Hinduism, distribution of threatening literature, burning of Bibles, murder of Christian priests and destruction of Christian schools, colleges, and cemeteries. The attacks often accompanied by large amounts of anti-Christian hate literature.

In some cases, anti-Christian violence has been co-ordinated, involving multiple attacks. In 2007 Orissa violence Christians were attacked in Kandhamal, Orissa, resulting in 9 deaths and destruction of houses and churches. Nearly twelve churches were targeted in the attack by Hindu activists. Human rights groups consider the violence as the failure of the state government that did not address the problem before it became violent. The authorities failed to react quickly enough to save human lives and property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

CHINA

Thousands of Chinese Christians have been killed for their faith since the year 2000, according to an investigation of senior Christian rights officials published Monday, September 3.

“In the last seven years 3,000 Christians were killed,” said Ulrich Delius, the Asia expert of the German-based Society for Threatened Peoples, which campaigns against all forms of genocide and “ethnocide”.

http://chinaview.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/report-3000-chinese-christians-killed-since-2000/

INDIA.

In recent years, there has been a sharp increase in violent attacks on Christians in India. From 1964 to 1996, thirty-eight incidents of violence against Christians were reported. In 1997, twenty-four such incidents were reported. In 1998, it went up to ninety. Between January 1998 and February 1999 alone, there were one hundred and sixteen attacks against Christians in India. Between 1 January and 30 July 2000, more than fifty-seven attacks on Christians were reported. The acts of violence include arson of churches, forcible conversion of Christians to Hinduism, distribution of threatening literature, burning of Bibles, murder of Christian priests and destruction of Christian schools, colleges, and cemeteries. The attacks often accompanied by large amounts of anti-Christian hate literature.

In some cases, anti-Christian violence has been co-ordinated, involving multiple attacks. In 2007 Orissa violence Christians were attacked in Kandhamal, Orissa, resulting in 9 deaths and destruction of houses and churches. Nearly twelve churches were targeted in the attack by Hindu activists. Human rights groups consider the violence as the failure of the state government that did not address the problem before it became violent. The authorities failed to react quickly enough to save human lives and property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

:o What a shock Grahame! Religious people murdering religious people. Well I never!!!

Thanks for doing my job for me.:thumbsup:

Hence I would tell my 'colleague' Bertie to stop being a <REMOVED> and if I wish to call him by his birth name I will do or if I wish to call him Bert then I'll do that. If I wanted to form a reasonable relationship with him then I would obviously respond to his wishes.

Therein lies the problem. You don't afford others any respect.

Yes and I'm completely well aware of that which leads me to the same conclusion that I said before, that it's a red herring, it doesn't exist so why did you involve yourself in a thread (disproving the existence of [a theistic] god) that wasn't about a metaphysical being but about the flawed thinking of theists.

Theism includes knowledge through revelation. You don't know what you are talking about.

You seriously think that I am wildcat? :lol:
No I don't.

Why then did you post this nonsense?

Sorry but you've been your usual trolling, disingenuous, dual username (yes I noticed that in a response to onewheeldave's post you put 'my post' and then edited it a few minutes later to read 'onewheeldave's post' hoping that nobody would notice), pretentious self so I'm afraid I have little reason to believe the above statement.

I think "Intolerant Atheism" sums up their attitude pretty well.

a. Unwilling to tolerate differences in opinions, practices, or beliefs, especially religious beliefs.

b. Opposed to the inclusion or participation of those different from oneself, especially those of a different racial, ethnic, or social background.

c. Lacking respect for practices and beliefs other than one's own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHoDsIPBaMQ , grahame?

I think "Intolerant Atheism" sums up their attitude pretty well.

Whereas "Intolerant Christian" is a description that fits yourself.

The point being it is Christians who are the victims the same as in Stalin's Russia for example.

And what of all the pagan worshippers and witches that the christians persecuted throughout Europe?

Archived