'Xian' - what's all that about then?

And if somebody wrote "I dislike Xians", you wouldn't be offended either? Or are you trying to dictate how and when people can use the ebreviations (to protect people's sensibilitites)?

I do not like the word Xian, but a lot depends on the context.

You won't earn any without showing any.

Who says I'm looking for any. That's very presumptious of you and says more about your state of mind than it does anything else.

I have never asked for, nor do I expect to receive respect from anybody on this forum or anywhere else ftm.

Revelation is a metaphysical approach to knowledge. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you've read that on some philosophy paper out there but it's simply wrong. You don't have a certain type of approach to knowledge that somehow attempts to give revelation some justification, in this case that would, as you say, be a metaphysical approach.

You simply have knowledge or you don't it's as simple as that and if you have it it has to be demonstrated in a way that's shown to be real and true for that knowledge to count.

What would be more accurate would be for you to say; 'Revelation is a metaphysical approach to belief.'

I wasn't off topic, you just don't understand the words being used and are to arrogant to check before spouting incendiary nonsense.

So why don't you enlighten me about your understanding of metaphysics because every example I can find reinforces my view that it's meaningless, pretentious nonsense that's completely unnecessary in a rational world.

PS. I seem to recall you had a fairly half hearted attempt at trying to justify the unjustifiable (regarding metaphysics) in the disproving god thread but disappeared after fj tore your feeble arguments apart.

What's your understanding of a rational world?

I've adjusted your question so I can answer it.

A world where reason, logic, knowledge and understanding dictated by the scientific method holds sway over the vast majority of things that we partake in or experience in our lives.

I agree. But you tell me why you or I should be tolerant of the things we read about in the papers whatever the perpetrators religious or political views?

Maybe because not all 1 billion + Muslims are responsible for the actions of the minority?

Maybe because not all 1 billion + Muslims are responsible for the actions of the minority?

I wasn't thinking about individual religions when I said we shouldn't be tolerant of anything that is wrong in society and I said "regardless of religious or political views" to indicate I was talking about society in general.

If you want to talk about individual religions then that is a different subject but let me say that I am not willing to tolerate anything that is wrong in Christianity either.

I wasn't thinking about individual religions when I said we shouldn't be tolerant of anything that is wrong in society and I said "regardless of religious or political views" to indicate I was talking about society in general.

If you want to talk about individual religions then that is a different subject but let me say that I am not willing to tolerate anything that is wrong in Christianity either.

Why do you link to neo-nazi websites then, containing filth about muslims?

You are as much a poor advert for Christians as the atheists here are poor adverts for atheism.

You cite muslim-hating websites and the atheists post filth about catholics, you're as bad as each other.

Archived