'Xian' - what's all that about then?

So you're not a heterosexual then, like they are?

That's nothing to do with it. It's what they did that is wrong and I don't do stuff like that.

ADDED

There's nothing wrong with being homosexual either, it is what the priests DID that is wrong.

That's nothing to do with it. It's what they did that is wrong and I don't do stuff like that.

ADDED

There's nothing wrong with being homosexual either, it is what the priests DID that is wrong.

So if you're now saying is that there is no link between heterosexuality and homosexuality and sexual abuse, why did you try to link homosexuality to what the child abusing priests did; have you now changed you mind?

There's a lot of truth in that; it's up to the individual, ultimately, if they choose to take offense.

Also, taking offense, pre-supposes that the person who offers the offense, is significant.

Although, does the mere fact that we are posting on this thread, not indicate that we do care to some degree, how other people percieve us?

Yes, or that we're pedantic buggers :D

Is the fact that you make a point of not capitalising the bible, in fact, lending significance to it? If it wasn't significant, you wouldn't pay it a second thought, and would perhaps use the default setting (i.e. common use).

Does that make sense?

To some extent. It's 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' territory. Let me say 'a kind of significance', then. I try to have nothing to do with a book that is demonstrably not the 'inspired by god' tomb that some people claim it is, but not to the extent that I'll pay even the slightest lip service to it being special.

So if you're now saying is that there is no link between heterosexuality and homosexuality and sexual abuse, why did you try to link homosexuality to what the child abusing priests did; have you now changed you mind?

It isn't what you are or who you are but what you do.

A murderer only gets hauled before the court for the crime they have committed.

If you were a priest abusing boys consider yourself slapped, :) if you weren't then forget it.

You won't find a literal answer to the metaphysical, you can only find answers through metaphors, through art and through self knowledge.

I'm not looking for a literal answer, I'm looking for an explanation/definition of which there are plenty but I'll highlight this one for now.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/metaphysical

On top of that one of them clearly states what I've been saying all along (as well as all the other definitions verifying) that's it's meaningless nonsense that provides con artists of all kinds (including the religious/spiritual) with a get out of jail card regarding their clearly irrational mindset/behaviour.

' (Philosophy) (of a statement or theory) having the form of an empirical hypothesis, but in fact immune from empirical testing and therefore (in the view of the logical positivists) literally meaningless.'

Archived