'Xian' - what's all that about then?

What's your understanding of metaphysics in relation to the links you provided (I'm assuming you mean art, music and literature. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

That they are methods of conveying non-literal, unmeasurable information.

That they are methods of conveying non-literal, unmeasurable information.

...in an entirely physical way, and the experience you get when you view/read/listen to them is caused entirely by physical processes inside your body.

There is no need to invoke metaphysics to explain any of it.

...in an entirely physical way, and the experience you get when you view/read/listen to them is caused entirely by physical processes inside your body.

There is no need to invoke metaphysics to explain any of it.

You have said that music gives you a spiritual experience and so does smoking weed and the Beatles are in there with you.

Proof or apologise!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame viewpost.gif

You admit to smoking a spliff and you have stated that sleeping around is not immoral. Are you going to be a hypocrite and tell them not to do these things?

Yes I smoke a bit of weed and don't think sleeping around is immoral. I will not be telling my kids that these things are immoral, definitely not. However that does not mean I'm going to tell them that they should do these things. It's their choice whether they want to or not. Sleeping around is not immoral, that doesn't mean I think it's good As I've stated before on this forum (and you seem to read all my posts and save them so you can bring them up later so you probably already knew this but chose not to mention it) I don't sleep around myself, so it would not be hypocritical for me to encourage any future children of mine to not sleep around. In any case these are not moral issues.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, time to roll a joint and find a nice young lady.:thumbsup: laters.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=5002360&postcount=1424

Quote:

You admit to smoking a spliff and you have stated that sleeping around is not immoral. Are you going to be a hypocrite and tell them not to do these things?

Yes I smoke a bit of weed and don't think sleeping around is immoral. I will not be telling my kids that these things are immoral, definitely not. However that does not mean I'm going to tell them that they should do these things. It's their choice whether they want to or not. Sleeping around is not immoral, that doesn't mean I think it's good As I've stated before on this forum (and you seem to read all my posts and save them so you can bring them up later so you probably already knew this but chose not to mention it) I don't sleep around myself, so it would not be hypocritical for me to encourage any future children of mine to not sleep around. In any case these are not moral issues.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, time to roll a joint and find a nice young lady.:thumbsup: laters.

Sort your post out so it makes sense.

Quote:

You said:

You have said that music gives you a spiritual experience and so does smoking weed and the Beatles are in there with you.

Which is wrong as fj hasn't said "smoking weed is a spiritual experience", which is what you're trying to claim he did.

Now, where was I?

Being wrong?

Archived