'Xian' - what's all that about then?

I think you and I have radically different understandings of the word "metaphysics", and with that kind of gulf it's scarcely worth us continuing.
That may be the case, maybe not, out of curiosity then, how do you understand that word?

If you have an "idea" or a "concept" of what constitutes "truth" or "understanding", then it is because of metaphysics, not in spite of it.
Again, all I can do is ask you to expand on that, because it is still kind of vague.

Your PM is deleted unread, answer here.

Noted, here is the PM I sent you, reproduced in full:

"I explained it at the time, it was something I made up (which I ackowledged in the very same post) in order to make a point, it was posted it in response to you trolling the thread with statement "Atheists hate homosexuals" and lying about me. I was counter trolling, simple as that.

Happy Halloween.

Jimmy."

The atheists here are not representative of mainstream atheist thought, thank God.

There's the poster who blithely claims "catholics hate gays" then has a shrieking hissy fit when it's pointed out, with equal validity, that atheists do the same.

There's the idiot who bangs on endlessly about mohammed being a paedophile, with zero evidence.

This isn't atheist thought, it's simply vile abuse about people of faith.

I've never met a catholic who's expressed anti-gay sentiments, yet the atheist arguments presented here are identical to the filth expressed by the bnp scum.

It's not possible to engage with such irrational hatred.

Some atheist or other upthread blithely claimed that catholics hate gays. You could just as easily say the same about atheists, it's not helpful or constructive. It's hateful, and it's using precisely the same tactics as those who invoke religion to propogate hatred.

See?

Noted, here is the PM I sent you, reproduced in full:

"I explained it at the time, it was something I made up (which I ackowledged in the very same post) in order to make a point, it was posted it in response to you trolling the thread with statement "Atheists hate homosexuals" and lying about me. I was counter trolling, simple as that.

Happy Halloween.

Jimmy."

The phrase "atheists hate gays" is equally as valid as the phrase "catholics hate gays".

You have no problem with one, but the other prompts you to claim I am a convicted sex offender.

Hysterical hypocrite, much?

On my "lies", do you now retract the claim you copied from the BNP, that mohammed is a paedophile?

It's not an honest claim, or helpful, or constructive, merely hateful.

Why is a central plank of your argument identical to the filth the BNP publish?

Why not put forward your views without deliberately being offensive and replicating extreme right wing slurs?

<snip more off topic sniping>

I have never copied and pasted a thing from a BNP website.

I have never read any BNP literature on the subject of Mohammed.

I have never said anything hateful about Mohammed or Muslims.

In fact I have no hatred for either.

In fact I hate the BNP, I hate everything they stand for. I would never even vote conservative let alone go any further to the right. It is extremely vindictive of you to continue this campaign of personal abuse and lies. I've asked you nicely several times to stop. Its not nice to be lied about, as you've demonstrated.

If you wish to discuss the sex life of Mohammed, or the BNP then by all means start a thread about it, they are completely irrelevant to this thread and your entire contribution constitutes nothing but a petty vindictive personal attack. If you wish to continue please do so via PM. I'm a big boy, I can take it, but I'm pretty sure no-one else give a crap about any of this.

PS. Mods I'm sorry about this, I tried not to get into this sillyness, I really did.

When you say world I'm assuming you mean the planet we live on.

If so I might describe it as;

1/Me

2/Knowledge of the world

3/The world

For me, I would use 'world' (in this context) to mean both the planet we live on, and also, the rest of the physical universe.

Do you feel quite comfortable that all 3 elements, are seperate entities; or would you see any cross-over, one element bleeding in to another?

Also, is catagorising all 3 elements as we have, not just another example of modelling reality (i.e. 'knowledge of the world')?

Archived