'Xian' - what's all that about then?

Otherwise you speak of that of which you know not (which is what you do) and when you speak out of ignorance you will talk nonsense, guaranteed.

Sounds like yourself, when you comment on atheists and other (non christian) religions.

Fat lot there is to know about atheists. They don't believe in God, full stop.

Yet they talk for hours about God. Perhaps they need psychiatric help?

The only reason they do is because of the likes of you trying to push it down their throats.

If Atheists don't bother you, why do you come on here and try arguing with them?

We should divide the world in half - put all the religious on one side and all the rest on the other side and see who ends up happiest.

The only reason they do is because of the likes of you trying to push it down their throats.

If Atheists don't bother you, why do you come on here and try arguing with them?

We should divide the world in half - put all the religious on one side and all the rest on the other side and see who ends up happiest.

Atheist do bother me because I think they are a harmful influence on society.

Fat lot there is to know about atheists.

Which shows just how little you know and understand people.

They don't believe in God, full stop.

Oh. So all that matters (to you) about people is whether they believe in god:loopy:

Perhaps they need psychiatric help?

You lack of understanding knows no bounds, does it?:rolleyes:

Perhaps they need psychiatric help?

Nah; that's for the terminally religious.

I notice how you avoided the other part of the post you answered:

Otherwise you speak of that of which you know not (which is what you do) and when you speak out of ignorance you will talk nonsense, guaranteed.

Sounds like yourself, when you comment on atheists and other (non christian) religions.

I think they are a harmful influence on society.

How's that work then, as the atheists I know have (pretty much) similar views on the world as the religious (many flavours) people who I know do?

Unless you're saying that religious people are also "a harmful influence on society"?

And you have the audacity to suggest that atheists "need psychiatric help".:loopy:

We all use 'shorthand's' to describe our experience... even Scientists.... eg. do electrons exist in a literal sense or are they mathematical constructs that are said to exist because they work? do they take the form of a wave? do they have velocity and position at the same time? Depends how you look at them and what experiment you are doing. They don't really exist like we do, they are convenient constructs that have validity because of their utility.

I missed this bit of nonsense and desperation earlier so I'll address it now.

My bold

What does that mean? Because they don't exist like we do therefore they don't exist? They simply have a validity because they have a use but even though we can use them, observe them and understand how they work they still don't exist? Are you going for the record of how many fallacies you can make in one post? If electricity didn't exist we wouldn't be having this discussion.

A rock doesn't exist like we do but it still exists and is made out of some of the same elements as ourselves. We can observe it, examine it, predict with accuracy how it will act under different given circumstances and give it a certain value because of it's usefulness to us.

Conclusion........It exists.

We can do all the above with electricty.

Conclusion........It exists.:)

A rock doesn't exist like we do but it still exists and is made out of some of the same elements as ourselves. We can observe it, examine it, predict with accuracy how it will act under different given circumstances and give it a certain value because of it's usefulness to us.

Conclusion........It exists.

We can do all the above with electricty.

Conclusion........It exists.:)

This thing called existence, what does science have to say about the nature of it?

This thing called existence, what does science have to say about the nature of it?

Did you hear about the world expert in honey?

Apparently, he's written volumes on the subject, but never tasted a drop of honey in his life!

Winnie the Pooh on the other hand..

Archived