'Xian' - what's all that about then?

I'm not quite sure whether you genuinely didn't understand my question or you're just trolling. The question is about judging how fair a society based on religiosity is compared to a society that isn't religious or pseudoreligious (as highlighted above) or in other words majority secular and as there wasn't any non religious societies (that we would recognise as secular today) in Francis of Assisi times that example is totally irrelevent.

<snipped conceited waffle>

I have already answered you twice: in short correlation does not indicate causation. Your premiss is flawed. And seeking a comparison on the grounds you are now seeking one irrelevant to any meaningful comparison.

OnewheelDave explains it in more detail above.

Is it trolling to repeatedly give a perfectly reasonable answer to a question? or is it perhaps trolling to repeatedly ask a question and deny it has been answered whilst telling everyone how clever you are?

I think what six45ive was trying to ask was which society, mainly religious or mainly secular, has the worse human rights abuses against those particular groups of people.

***** Spirituals are an example of the downtrodden, poor and oppressed turning to Christianity. Their plight was probably due to the slave masters greed. The Christian faith of the slaves came as a result of their persecution.

Six would probably look at the situation and see a downtrodden society and blame Christianity. However the opposite is true. First came oppression due to the absence of Christianity. Then as a result of persecution came faith, hope, solace, and mutual support which is found in the Christian Gospel message.

I have already answered you twice: in short correlation does not indicate causation. Your premiss is flawed. And seeking a comparison on the grounds you are now seeking one irrelevant to any meaningful comparison.

Oh dear.:hihi:

You and your alter ego, who both seem to be awake at the most ungodly hour remarkably enough, are so engrossed in the mindset that I'm comparing rich western countries like Sweden/Denmark etc with third world countries and therefore there's more of a correlation between poverty and human rights abuses then there is with religion which is, once again, entirely irrelevent and simply a red herring.

So rather than doing your usual trick of looking back into the deep dark anals of history by linking to some arguable Wikipedia pages to try and prove your increasingly irrelevent postings I'll provide some well researched data that shows how, as countries are more religious (irrespective of the cause of these countries becoming religious) their societies are generally more unequal. This research deals only with first world countries.

http://www.epjournal.net/filestore/EP07398441_c.pdf

***** Spirituals are an example of the downtrodden, poor and oppressed turning to Christianity. Their plight was probably due to the slave masters greed. The Christian faith of the slaves came as a result of their persecution.

My bold.

And what religion were the slave masters?

Oh dear.:hihi:

You and your alter ego, who both seem to be awake at the most ungodly hour remarkably enough, ...

Apologies if I've missed the answer in this long and winding thread - perhaps you could direct me to where you've addressed it, if so - but why do you keep referring to Wildcat's 'alter ego'?

Apologies if I've missed the answer in this long and winding thread - perhaps you could direct me to where you've addressed it, if so - but why do you keep referring to Wildcat's 'alter ego'?

Addressed what? The correlation between religion and inequality in society? Well here actually.

As for wildcat's alter ego.......I'll leave that for wildcat to explain.:D

Addressed what? The correlation between religion and inequality in society? Well here actually.

No, addressed why you keep referring to Wildcat's 'alter ego'.

As for wildcat's alter ego.......I'll leave that for wildcat to explain.:D

I'd like you to explain, given that you're the most likely to know your own motivation for using the term.

Unless I'm missing an in joke, it seems a curious term to use when those concerned appear to be posting from similar perspectives, and you're apparently not accusing Wildcat of having a duplicate account.

No, addressed why you keep referring to Wildcat's 'alter ego'.

I'd like you to explain, given that you're the most likely to know your own motivation for using the term.

Unless I'm missing an in joke, it seems a curious term to use when those concerned appear to be posting from similar perspectives, and you're apparently not accusing Wildcat of having a duplicate account.

Obviously discussing wildcat's 'situation' is off topic regarding this thread for third parties (or 4th, 5th and 6th depending on how many usernames he might have :hihi:).

If you wish to ask me anything re wildcat please PM me where I may or may not discuss the 'situation'.

Obviously discussing wildcat's 'situation' is off topic regarding this thread for third parties (or 4th, 5th and 6th depending on how many usernames he might have :hihi:).

If you wish to ask me anything re wildcat please PM me where I may or may not discuss the 'situation'.

Wildcat's style of posting appears unchanged to me.

Archived