'Xian' - what's all that about then?

Wow so you started this whole thread just to have a go at me, doesn't the forum have a policy about personal vendettas?

Vendetta? Behave, that sounds like bleating from where I'm sitting. You've been quite happily racking up dozens of posts on the back of my OP; pretending in harrassing you is, frankly, nonsense.

I'm not the only person who finds your use of the term indicative of an intent to provoke, as evidenced in the earlier parts of the thread, I just happened to mention it.

Also are you more than a little embarrassed that of all the things I've said about Xianity, which you apparently really don't like, the only response you've got to that is to whine about my use of a common abbreviation? Is it really too much to ask for you to at least attempt to take on the substance of anything I say instead of so pathetically sniping?

Embarrassed? Not at all. About 90% of what you say isn't worth my time arguing about - debating the existence or otherwise of God is a wholly fruitless exercise. The rest - as you've handily illustrated again here, appears to be an aggressive and hectoring exercise in showing contempt for those who have faith.

What was that you were saying in the other thread about 'playground bickering'? Perhaps you should look to the log in your own eye.

Playground bickering described the kind of 'discussion' between yourself and Grahame quite aptly at the time. And I'm sure I don't need to point out the irony of an atheist using that line about logs...

If someone uses the term 'Xian' rather than christian, I see it as either an abbreviation which indicates: either a casual term, that indicates no intention to to cause offence; or a deliberate way of indicating that someone has a disregard for the christian faith. Either way, I can't see it as a good reason for causing offence to a christian when considering 'turning the other cheek'.

It doesn't cause offence to me, and I would consider myself one, despite my faults. I'm only speaking from my own point of view here, and not from a communal christian point of view.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just typing "put xmas tree out for collection" into my iPhone calendar, and noticed that it automatically capitalises the "X" in "Xmas".

Cool, I thought, what happens when I type "xian" or "xtian", and would you believe it, it capitalises the "X" with those words too.

Intended to provoke? Hard to see otherwise.

:)

Archived