Dunmow rd council depot in the 60s

Hiya Jack, worked in gordons tarmac gang,along with big dave agar,dave moon (driver) & myself on roller,they were very good days wern,t they,we had some right laughs, and gord was a smashing bloke wern,t he(very dry), if everything was wrote down then it would have been a best seller,moral in those days were very high,(i,m afraid it can,t be said of it now) heres a few other names to think about; tom brady,wardrobe ron,dougie, little les & his mate,can,t remember his name,jhonny ward,macbride, have a laugh to yourself jack, take care.

• 4 weeks later...
Hiya Jack, worked in gordons tarmac gang,along with big dave agar,dave moon (driver) & myself on roller,they were very good days weren,t they,we had some right laughs, and god was a smashing bloke weren,t he(very dry), if everything was wrote down then it would have been a best seller,moral in those days were very high,(i,m afraid it can,t be said of it now) here's a few other names to think about; tom brady,wardrobe ron,dougie, little les & his mate,can,t remember his name,johnny ward,mcbride, have a laugh to yourself jack, take care.

HI GRIT MAN i also was in Gordons gang Gordan South (RIP)( ganger ) Kevin Oxspring (driver ) Myself (roller ) little Bernard Ashbury (RIP) (Yakum Splash man) 1967 to 1971 i remember when the Pollard Ave closed and sheared Dunmow with us had some great games of footie pull up a chair Tommy (kab booby) Brady is going to tell us a story also(Rolly)Roland Hartley pavior,Ray Price pavior Big Graham Downs pavior Mick Renshaw on compressor Joe Briggs on large roller when sober then all the sewer lads i remember in the winter months along with a few of the lads climbing up the salt heap to watch a bird that lived in the old prefab houses getting dressed in the mornings do you also remember the Friday nights out on the town with all the lads about 20 to 30 strong the little Les you are on about was that Les Smedley who also had a tarmac gang if so he used to live somewhere around Ellesmere rd about 10 yrs ago not seen him for yrs i live in the W/Midlands now have done for a few yrs yes the Dunmow rd days i can honestly say were the best days of my working life HAPPY HAPPY DAYS iam proud to have worked with such great people and pals TAKE CARE YOURSELF.

Archived