Help! Slug invasion in kitchen

Copper tape accross the bottom of the door frame, they won't cross copper. Don't ask me why.

Thanks for that. My strawberry plants are in rainwater tubs (with holes drilled in the sides) on the patio. I don't know where the slugs came from (they weren't a problem the previous year) but this year they crawled up the sides of the tubs and ate the fruit.

Apparently, hair (human hair) and coffee grounds repel slugs - so next year I know what I will be doing with the coffee grounds!

Thanks for that. My strawberry plants are in rainwater tubs (with holes drilled in the sides) on the patio. I don't know where the slugs came from (they weren't a problem the previous year) but this year they crawled up the sides of the tubs and ate the fruit.

Apparently, hair (human hair) and coffee grounds repel slugs - so next year I know what I will be doing with the coffee grounds!

They tested all these slug/snail deterrents on Gardeners World a year or two ago, and none of them worked.

Sorry to say this, but they actually live in your house, muhahahahaha!

They aren't garden slugs that come in, they're house slugs. Google "yellow cellar slug". I get them in the utility room, they're like most slugs, they like a bit of dank damp darkness. You can put down slug pellets until you stop seeing the trails. But they seem to keep coming back. :(

Archived