Parking ticket in aston leisure centre car park

as anyone received a car parking ticket whilst parking in the car park at aston leisure centre ??

I admit i did park in a place that was not a car parking space and believe it or not ive been going 18 months and this is the first time i have ever done this. I arrived at 08.55 and at 0910 i was issued with the ticket.

The leisure centre staff say that the car park is randomley patrolled but seems a coincidence that i had only been in 15 mins when the ticket was issued....

£60 but £40 if paid within 14 days....

NOT HAPPY.......

I ended up paying £120 for parking in Wickes car park at bottom of Moor

In spite sending many solicitors letters they would not back down

Firm is wheelclamping.co.uk (Red signs)

Have thought about taking it to small claims court

Any advice would be welcome Thanks

What was there reason for issuing the ticket? If you were taking advantage of the car park then whats the fuss?

You shouldn't have paid them. It's an invoice, not a fine, because they don't have any authority to issue fines (only the police or the council can issue an actual fine, which you shouldn't ignore).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?38872-Private-Parking-Charge-Notice-Wheel-clamping.co.uk

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Thanks for your links/pm received - im in a dilema wether to pay the £40 as it could go to £60 after 14 days etc

The fine states Parking Charge Notice issued by TPS - Parking Solutions - PO box no in Kettering....

Some good stuff about TPS here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1866899

All these companies use the same method to make money: they try to intimidate people into paying their invoices by making it all sound scary and official with threats of court action and debt collectors. It's all rubbish.

im in a dilema wether to pay the £40 as it could go to £60 after 14 days etc

So what if it does go up to £60?

You don't have to pay the £40 and you won't have to pay the £60!

Can one of the mods combine all these 'I got a parking invoice' threads, and make it a sticky called "You don't have to pay any parking charge not issued by the Police or the local authority" :rolleyes:

For god's sake, think of the bandwidth!

john x

Archived