Parking ticket in aston leisure centre car park

To the people advising to ignore these invoices, you do know there have been people taken to court and then had to pay the invoice plus court fees?

I would pay it and take the hit, if you get took to court you will probably loose, lesson learnt next time park where you should :thumbsup:

Can you please provide some evidence of this please. I have read of a couple of cases. 1 was a student who regularly (daily) parked in spot this was in 2000 I think) and one was some sort of an activist who was deliberately getting tickets over and over.

Which of the companies do you work for??

To the people advising to ignore these invoices, you do know there have been people taken to court and then had to pay the invoice plus court fees?

Which reminds me.

DO NOT enter into ANY dialogue with these parking companies, not even to tell them to go stuff their ticket. Any correspondence can be seen by a court as an acceptance that you do in fact have an implied contract with the company that issued the invoice, which can then lead to an award being made against you.

These people can not make you go to court. You can only volunteer to go and as I said, that then can be deemed an acceptance of their right to issue the invoice.

So once again...Ignore the letters. Do NOT enter into ANY dialogue of correspondence with these people.

And can people stop using the phrase 'Illegal parking' unless you are prepared to tell us which part of UK law makes it an offence to park on private property.

As you were,

John X

I'm curious; what are your qualifications for making such statements? Are you a lawyer, or have legal training or anything? Just curious, as to the legal validity of your statements..

Thanks,

Which reminds me.

DO NOT enter into ANY dialogue with these parking companies, not even to tell them to go stuff their ticket. Any correspondence can be seen by a court as an acceptance that you do in fact have an implied contract with the company that issued the invoice, which can then lead to an award being made against you.

These people can not make you go to court. You can only volunteer to go and as I said, that then can be deemed an acceptance of their right to issue the invoice.

So once again...Ignore the letters. Do NOT enter into ANY dialogue of correspondence with these people.

And can people stop using the phrase 'Illegal parking' unless you are prepared to tell us which part of UK law makes it an offence to park on private property.

As you were,

John X

Apart from instances where no defence has been entered and judgement was awarded by default, I will be absolutely amazed if you can name one instance where this has happened.

Anyone who takes advice from someone who cannot even spell "lose" deserves what they get...

In a previous thread I posted links, but at this moment in time CBA to go looking again, but I found various cases via the good ol' Google.

Oh sorry was this a spelling thread?? :loopy:

I really hope more cases start getting taken to court, then the companies can back track through all of the people who were advised to 'ignore' them and claim there monies.

Judge: Why did you ignore the PCN sir?

Defendant: Oh someone on Sheffield Forum advised me to do so as there is nothing they can do.

I think not :hihi:

I really hope more cases start getting taken to court, then the companies can back track through all of the people who were advised to 'ignore' them and claim there monies.

Defendant: Oh someone on Sheffield Forum advised me to do so as there is nothing they can do.

Judge: so xxxxxxx (insert parking company name here), can you tell me who was

driving the vehicle in question?

Parking Company: Urmmmmmmm......

Which of the companies do you work for??

So why do you think that Private Parking Companies don't take everyone who refuses pay their worthless invoices to court ? Is it :-

a. They just can't be bothered

b. They are far too nice

c. They know that they will lose

In a previous thread I posted links, but at this moment in time CBA to go looking again, but I found various cases via the good ol' Google.

No, Bonjon.

You found one.

Out of the thousands of people who ignore these charges, you found one successful prosecution.

One.

Not "various" cases; one.

Here, I'll provide the link, since you "CBA".

Now, setting aside the fact that the defendant in that case didn't endear himself to the court by posting on the internet then changing the post, here's a genuine question for you to answer, Bonjon:

Given this so-called "landmark" case occurred over two years ago, why are we not hearing daily about the relentless taking-to-court of all and sundry who are refusing to pay these charges?

In addition, remember this:

A final little anecdote to explain my use of the word "haphazard" above.

A work colleague received a charge from, I think, the elevated car park in Hillsborough. It was the classic case of the large vehicle next to her being parked so close to the bay that she chose that she was forced to park with one wheel slightly over the line on the other side. I make no judgement as to her or the other driver's actions, by the way.

Any-old-how ... I told her not to pay and did my usual thing of assuring her by promising to pay it for her if she was taken to court. Needless to say she wasn't. Now, the initial charge was £120 with a reduction to £80 if paid within 14 days. After ignoring this and the next one she received a £200 final demand with definite court in 14 days if not settled. Approximately a month later she received a "this is definitely the final time we're asking or you're in proper trouble" demand for ... wait for it ... 60 quid!

Make of that what you will...

Seems a strange way to act if they're so confident of a court win.

(Yes, I know the evidence is anecdotal but I have nothing to gain from my postings on here [unlike you, perhaps] so it would be pointless my providing fabricated anecdotal evidence).

I put it to you, Bonjon, that, if after many years of thousands of people ignoring these charges, that you can only provide one, two year old, example of a successful prosecution, that that was a freak case and the companies know this and that is why they continue to rely on their bullying methods to squeeze cash out of the uninformed and afraid.

Feel free, after you've answered my question above to spend a few more hours trawling the internet for examples to back you up and, if you do, as with the case above, I'll hold my e-hand up and admit to being wrong. Don't bother with Scottish cases. though; different legal system, remember.

Oh sorry was this a spelling thread?? :loopy:

No, but one would expect a person offering legal advice, however disingenuous, to make the effort to maintain a level of credibility by ensuring a simple four letter word is spelt correctly.

Archived