Le Bistro in Wentworth opinions ?

Playpen

What sort of food does it serve and what's quirky about it?

I asked on a similar thread a couple of months back and I'm still waiting for someone to reply!

I just like it - I can't really explain why. The fact that it's in a nice spot helps too. My family was brought up on the Wentworth estate so Wentworth is a nice place for me to visit.

Anyway, the Tuesday to Thursday menu is £16-50 while Friday and Saturday's menu is priced at £26-50.

They're both TDH menu's with a selection of both English and French dishes.

I can't remember what's on the mid-week menu, but from memory, the weekend menu listed things like Duck breast with black cherry sauce, Rabbit and chicken pie, Calf's liver, and Monkfish.

Give it a go - you might like it.

• 4 weeks later...

Went there last week and to be honest if you like bulk and not quality then it's the place to go. It appears to have been stuck in a time warp back in the 80's. The decor is tacky, gingham plastic table cloths and wierd looking statues all over the place. All the vegetables had no flavour whatsoever. I shall not be returning and neither will the other 3 I dined with.

Archived