Smoking ban killed the boozers

They are protecting the non smokers Corks and rightly so in my opinion.

They are to the point where non smokers are not inhaling in public places.

But what about people who now stay at home who now smoke around there children, friends (who don't smoke) etc, who would have normally smoked in a more suitable enviroment, IE a boozer/social club/bingo hall, where it has always happend?

Arnt the government moving the problem inside peoples homes?

Oh really, so there are no restrictions at all for drivers? It's just the poor smokers who have to toe the line?

Why don't you really stick it to the man and stop all together. You could nip off to the pub glowing in the knowledge that you've deprived the Government of tax revenue.

I would stop for myself not for the bloody government, did they think about me when they were putting in 2 grand claims for cleaning there homes in a posh area in Chelsea?

The ban stopping idiots forcing their killer habit on sensible people came at the same time as the interest rate rises.

That's when Labour's 'borrow and spend' policy started to come down around their ears and that's what finished off the pubs. the number of people I heard talking about how cheap it was to buy cans and have mates round compared with going to the boozer was unbelievable. The smoking ban won't have helped and may even have speeded it up but closures were always going to happen.

The smoking ban was introduced in 2007, interest rates FELL from 5.0% to a record low of 0.5%

But what about people who now stay at home who now smoke around there children, friends (who don't smoke) etc, who would have normally smoked in a more suitable enviroment, IE a boozer/social club/bingo hall, where it has always happend?

It's personal choice. I know a lot of smokers who go outside even in their own homes when there are children there.

To be brutally honest.. as long as it's not in my home I don't really care.

They are protecting the non smokers Corks and rightly so in my opinion.

(I am at work at the mo and should really be getting on with it but nope you have me on one now and I can't let it go - btw just coz i am disagreeing with you on this one don't you go making any mean predictions for my team :hihi:)

Nowt wrong with a good old debate Missy, ive predicted two draws in the last two games you should be thankfull lol..:hihi:

I would stop for myself not for the bloody government, did they think about me when they were putting in 2 grand claims for cleaning there homes in a posh area in Chelsea?

I am sure they were thinking about all tax payers at that point.. As " the mugs that feed them" :rant:

But thats their choice to do that - if they wanna fill their/friends kids lungs with that stuff then thats their selfish choice - I personally wouldnt put my kids in that situation. My 2 friends that do dont smoke directly near there children they go outside to do it.

But thats their choice to do that - if they wanna fill their/friends kids lungs with that stuff then thats their selfish choice - I personally wouldnt put my kids in that situation. My 2 friends that do dont smoke directly near there children they go outside to do it.

I know any decent person would go outside, but realisticly id say the numbers who smoke indoors now far outweigh the ones who go outside.

And like many anti smokers have said, people prefer to drink at home these day's which as i say is bringing the problem of drinking and smoking in front of your children into play.

Archived