Smoking ban killed the boozers

But thats their choice to do that - if they wanna fill their/friends kids lungs with that stuff then thats their selfish choice - I personally wouldnt put my kids in that situation. My 2 friends that do dont smoke directly near there children they go outside to do it.

Same here, or people go in the kitchen and have the window open. The children follow.

Same here, or people go in the kitchen and have the window open. The children follow.

Doesnt do anything having the window open it doesnt eliminate all of the smoke its best to go outside to do it and shut the door so the kids can't follow.

There's a combination of factors, leading to the demise of the pub.

Essentially the price is too high.

'Cheap supermarket lager is not cheap, it is expensive stuff and has been increasing in price' Pub alcohol is the same expensive stuff with the added cost of RENT and labour.

Minimum wage for staff being but a fraction of the rent that needs to be paid.

The customer base is declining.

Old people are getting to the point where they hobble round in their own home with their ailments, the boomer generation goes out less and less.

You can see this by regularly catching a bus past a social club, they are dropping like flies, one a week dead or stopped going to the pub/club cos of old age.

Children aren't allowed in anymore. When I was 15, getting served and having a pint with adults was commonplace, now they would be ID'd, or fined and the landlord fined. So they drink on the street instead.

Smokers have been cast out They drink less, and stop going to the pub. Non smokers don't replace them.

I went to my local the other day (first pub visit in a month), had a pint, there was only me and the landlord in, he went out for a smoke, so did I. He said he doesn't think the pub will last much longer. I said why not serve tinned lager and allow smoking? He said he doesn't want to go to jail and it would be easy to retire and collect a state pension.

Archived