Retiring will kill you.

I'd retire today if I could and I'm not even 30. I'd find plenty to keep my mind and body active that didn't mean helping someone else make money for little reward which is what most employees do.

I'm with you on that one! The only thing that would limit my entertainment is lack of money, but I still wouldn't be bored.

That a complete load of rot and just anecdotal as there is no real evidence or studies into it. If it were true then we would have fewer retired people. I'm not far off retirement myself and cant wait for it to come along and I think those who cant cope with retirement must be leading very boring lonely lives.

I didn't hear the interview but should we take notice of a multi millionaires idea of what retirement means? It sound just like media hype to get us to accept the idea of retiring later as a good thing when its not.

Anecdotal evidence is better than no evidence at all. Maybe some of those who retire are living boring lives especially when compared to their working life. No-one said you can't retire and I wish you well in your retirement.

The interview wasn't with Bernie Ecclestone, it was about Bernie Ecclestone. There was no media hype, it was a discussion on the radio and it got me thinking which prompted this thread. Though your hysterical post does suggest that you would believe any media hype if there were some.

Calm yourself down and have a happy, long retirement. Whilst you still can. ;)

Some companies in France require their employees to retire at 60 and the employee has to agree to this condition before being hired. I was told that this is to ease the unemployment situation amongst the younger generation.

Something like the reverse is happening in the US. The Republicans plan, (if they get back into power) to make everyone work until 70 before drawing Social Security pension benefits, more than likely hoping that many will die on the job before they reach that age

Some companies in France require their employees to retire at 60 and the employee has to agree to this condition before being hired. I was told that this is to ease the unemployment situation amongst the younger generation.

Something like the reverse is happening in the US. The Republicans plan, (if they get back into power) to make everyone work until 70 before drawing Social Security pension benefits, more than likely hoping that many will die on the job before they do apply for the pension.

70s the new 50 now a days :)

Always thought I would work until I dropped as I loved my job so much. Had 3 months off work ill when I was about 57 and suddenly I started to question what life was for. Made redundant at 59 and decided to go for early retirement. Just managing to get by but accept that you have to tailor your life to the cloth that you have. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 7 months later...

Archived