Union Carbide site off claywheels lane

fox20thc

Originally posted by i_8_1_2

So... the footbridge will run off the estate, as opposed to behind the tram terminus? Presumably somewhere between the end of the black path and Niagra? :confused:

The path which runs parallel to the estate at the far side will be the linkage between the tram and the footbridge, yes as far as the plans reveal. From what I understand it will however have a barrier to seperate it from the estate. I may be reading the drawings wrong. If you use the links provided earlier on in the thread you can look at the drawing yourself.

Originally posted by fox20thc If you use the links provided earlier on in the thread you can look at the drawing yourself
Yes, I have - and it makes things no clearer. I was interested however to find this quote

"They have directly used resident's feedback for this planned development. We have all felt involved from the start."
Who is this 'we', exactly? Are they a 'select' few chosen to 'represent' the views of everybody on the estate? When did this 'consulting' take place, over the last twelve months that this has been in the planning?

Originally posted by i_8_1_2

Yes, I have - and it makes things no clearer. I was interested however to find this quote

Who is this 'we', exactly? Are they a 'select' few chosen to 'represent' the views of everybody on the estate? When did this 'consulting' take place, over the last twelve months that this has been in the planning?

Well, they have been in consultation with residents and the development team from sheffield city council.

Granted public consultation did not start in earnest until september 05, and meetings have been held since then. Did you attend either of the public meetings which took place in November or the inital group of residents who saw the plans first?

I know that a cross section of the community did see them including the older members of the community.

Just to let anyone who has an interest in this issue, the Winn website is online now and I am hoping to get a contribution for the NO debate to the development, especially the proposed bridge.

If you would like to put forward a NO statement via the website I will certainly include it and will also include it in the forthcoming newsletter.

I would like to offer a balanced argument, you may leave it anonymously if you choose.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.winntara.ik.com

In addition if you would like your views to be given to the tenants association to be read out at the next meeting please do the same.

So based on the none reaction to my last post nobody has anything to contribute regarding this debate. I am planning to meet with some local people shortly to discuss the plans and was hoping to have some valid contributions.

If you still want to contribute please send any via PM or the link.

Cheers

I have plenty to say but as I'm waiting for responses to a number of questions which have been put to the developers, at this time my opinions are probably ill informed ;)

Also as any reduced traffic flow past winn gardens will mean increased traffic flow past Beeley Wood Houses - foxy and I are unlikely to ever agree on this!

But the good news is our houses are (probably) safe as it was an architects error that offices were drawn where our houses should be :loopy:, so all we have to worry about is a quiet backwater turning into a main road :rant:

IAlso as any reduced traffic flow past winn gardens will mean increased traffic flow past Beeley Wood Houses - foxy and I are unlikely to ever agree on this!

But the good news is our houses are (probably) safe as it was an architects error that offices were drawn where our houses should be :loopy:, so all we have to worry about is a quiet backwater turning into a main road :rant:

Glad to hear that your house is probably safe, however your opinion is valid.

I agree :o that decreased traffic on MW road will increase traffic down beeleywood to claywheels, (thought thats why they were building the bypass).

The reason for asking for opinion is so I can put across representative views of anyone affected be them positive or negative, so please feel free to share your thoughts. :)

Now I'm really angry. The cherry picked petition, which I never saw has been filed by the tenants association to the planning board. How do I email my feelings on the development.

The planning website says click on submit comments but I can't find the flippin button :rant:

Archived