Help with wedding everything lol

hi everyone,

my htb and i have been planning our wedding for the past 12 years and can no way afford the wedding we want, we have set a date for 20th august 2010 and are def having a church wedding, i have 3 under 5s im having as 2 bidesmaids and already have my dress which is perfect should have been £575.00 but only paid £10.00 due to being ex display and needing dry cleaning which has been done and is just the one i wanted its gorgeous :) or i think so.

anyways theres no way i can afford a sit down meal so wanting to no of any cheap but nice caterers for evening do, djs with disco lights ect, cake makers, basically everything,

can my wedding be the day i want without paying over the top im so excited to become his wife hes the love of my life but dreading it incase its not right :(

please help

many thanks sarah :):):)

Hi i might be able to reccomend a DJ and a Caterer but will have to let you know there numbers next week through pm. A lovely womans doing my cake for #120 three tiered. My DJ is costing 90 pounds. Also theres a lady on here who is a great big help and doing me my balloons for about #32 pounds.

PM if you need any help or numbers

fallen angel you really are :)

those prices are amazing im so grateful for all the help and things im buying ive recieved from people on here

my mum is not too well so really dont want to pester her and as for weddings ??? not got a clue lol

truely thanks to everyone again xxx

My friend, whos getting married (and been giving me her tips :D) has shared the following with me:

Hair - do it yourself, you know how you feel comfortable/what looks best. Practice loads and loads leading up to the big day so on the day, you can do it with ease. Same with make up. Get your nails done a few days before (shes having hers done Thursday evening and gets married on the Saturday). Pick up bargains on eBay - plenty to be had, fake flowers on eBay some look excellent. Theres a seller in S.Yorks so you can pick them up too, saves on postage :) Get your friends involved! Do you have a friend whos a good baker? Maybe have a friend bake X amount of cupcakes, and a small top cake (to cut) instead of buying a pressie for you. You can pick up decent acrylic cake stands cheaply on fleabay, make sure you get a thick one though - they bend easy if theyre superduper thin. Write a list of how you WANT your day, what you would like and what you NEED. Then get online, on eBay, on here etc and get bargain hunting x

And lastly, calm. It WILL work out. xxxx

Archived